Smoker Fried Chicken Brew-Style & Some ABT'S !!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah Adam, yours looked awesome.... I was gonna try them that way but could not find coconut oil anywhere... Maybe I'll have to try online somewhere ! Thanks for dropping a line !
You can use EVOO in stead.    We use coconut oil cause of my sons allergies.

Yeah Adam, yours looked awesome.... I was gonna try them that way but could not find coconut oil anywhere... Maybe I'll have to try online somewhere ! Thanks for dropping a line !

You can use EVOO in stead.    We use coconut oil cause of my sons allergies.

I do use EVOO a bunch, so that would be no prob. Just the coconut oil for some reason had me intrigued.... Sounds tasty !

Thanks Case, I appreciate it ! I actually look a disposable aluminum pan with a little veggie oil & got the smoker up to 400* and fryed them up that way.... I usually pull out the Dutch Oven for these but wasn't in the mood to pull all that stuff out, seen the smoker & thought .... What the heck, we'll give er a go on here ! They turned out pretty good, I do think I'll be doing it that way again !

We'll I see it's time we get you into Disc cooking! Better go find yourself a plow disc! Discada frying is the only way to fry outdoors!

Thanks Case, I appreciate it ! I actually look a disposable aluminum pan with a little veggie oil & got the smoker up to 400* and fryed them up that way.... I usually pull out the Dutch Oven for these but wasn't in the mood to pull all that stuff out, seen the smoker & thought .... What the heck, we'll give er a go on here ! They turned out pretty good, I do think I'll be doing it that way again !

We'll I see it's time we get you into Disc cooking! Better go find yourself a plow disc! Discada frying is the only way to fry outdoors!

Interesting Case, I'll definitely check into that ! Just a regular old plow disc ?

Last edited:
That'd be an awesome mod Keith !
biggrin.gif
Take my charcoal basket from my mini, sit it on the kettle grate.. put the wok on it and done deal....   Instant plow disc!

That's so funny I just sent a long /PM to Brain about disc cooking.  I met a lady welder in West Texas at a chili cook-off, she was in the booth next to me. She had built this thing I had never seen before (this was 20+ years ago). Not like the above mentioned, but with two disc's. I won't go into a long explanation about how and whys but they said it was the perfect outdoor fajita cooker. They fired that sucker up and they were the best beef and chicken fajitas I have ever eaten. I did mention  I lived in West Texas and SE New Mexico where cowboys ate beef and Mexican food! LOL

I have never seen another like it. I know how to make it. I just don't have any disc's as big as hers were. It was an amazing cooker, it was started with a chimney of charcoal then feed wood splits. I probably should have paid her more attention, probably lost my first million right there by not pursuing that cooker! She didn't look like you'd think a lady rig welder would look and my attention span wandered. 

I have always swore I was going to make one of those. Probably never will now, but Thinking back, I should have.

Last edited:

That looks incredible. Will definitely have to try that one. Awesome!!!:drool:

Thanks 5oclock, it was real good... Sorry for the delayed thank you, haven't been on here much the last week or so !

That's so funny I just sent a long /PM to Brain about disc cooking.  I met a lady welder in West Texas at a chili cook-off, she was in the booth next to me. She had built this thing I had never seen before (this was 20+ years ago). Not like the above mentioned, but with two disc's. I won't go into a long explanation about how and whys but they said it was the perfect outdoor fajita cooker. They fired that sucker up and they were the best beef and chicken fajitas I have ever eaten. I did mention  I lived in West Texas and SE New Mexico where cowboys ate beef and Mexican food! LOL

I have never seen another like it. I know how to make it. I just don't have any disc's as big as hers were. It was an amazing cooker, it was started with a chimney of charcoal then feed wood splits. I probably should have paid her more attention, probably lost my first million right there by not pursuing that cooker! She didn't look like you'd think a lady rig welder would look and my attention span wandered. 

I have always swore I was going to make one of those. Probably never will now, but Thinking back, I should have.

Hey Foam, could ya fill me in on this disc cooking info ya have there ? I'd sure appreciate it ! :biggrin:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky