Smoked Salmon with Citrus Glaze

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have smoked fish most of my adult life(Salmon, but mostly Trout) and have used the fancy smokers and The Super Chief. They all have turned out great. Super Chief takes the longest. I have used all types of wood, Almond , Oak, Hickory, Mesquite, Apple, Pecan, Maple and Alder. My question is"-What's the very BEST wood? " Is it just what u have available, or is there a Best one. Any ideas? I have read that Red Oak is the Best wood for meat, not available in So. Calif. OK experts, let's hear from y'All---Senor Harv

Gene,
I've got to tell you that I finally got around to trying your recipe for Citrus Glazed Salmon. My salmon came from my local grocery store so probably was not quite as fresh as yours but it was ablolutely wonderful! My wife and I have agreed that this is our "go to" recipe for salmon. We plan to have some folks over this weekend and use the recipe. I just hope it turns out as well for them as it did for my wife and I. Thank you for posting the recipe.

Gene-

This Citrus Glaze sounds fabulous!

I discovered another fantastic glaze from a company in Colorado....a fiery hot peach glaze based on world famous Palisade Peaches. I cedar planked a 3 lb fresh wild King fillet for a dinner party last weekend and it was da'bomb! The wife and guests accused me of being a grad from Hyde Park!

Can't wait to try the apricot glaze next!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky