Smoked Mini-Bear-Loaves (All Beef)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Thanks Bear, when I used to grind the venison myself I always use 40% pork . Now that I found a butcher shop to  cut my deer I get them to add the pork so all is good  .
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Bear

Gonna give it a try with venison.  ALL my questions have been answered on this thread, I love this!  Thanks for making this step-by-step, makes it idiot proof for guys like me...LOL  Thanks man!

Gonna give it a try with venison.  ALL my questions have been answered on this thread, I love this!  Thanks for making this step-by-step, makes it idiot proof for guys like me...LOL  Thanks man!
Thank You!!

I'm glad you like it.

BTW:  I make these idiot proof because I re-use all of my Step by Steps too!!!

Bear

Reactions: newberrykc

Thank You!!
I actually did write a book.

But it's FREE to all my friends.

Below is a link to the Index.

Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

Bear

Reactions: newberrykc
Unless the store is out of their ground beef that is on sale; I plan to try this <Though the ground beef comes in 5 pound chunks and 5 pounds is already spoken fore summer sausage, and the limit is 2..so I'll either reduce to 5 pounds..or if I can..find some ground pork to add in!>

If I remember how much red pepper flakes I added to your unstuffed sticks I'll be very happy and have to remind my self to not eat every thing at once!

Unless the store is out of their ground beef that is on sale; I plan to try this <Though the ground beef comes in 5 pound chunks and 5 pounds is already spoken fore summer sausage, and the limit is 2..so I'll either reduce to 5 pounds..or if I can..find some ground pork to add in!>

If I remember how much red pepper flakes I added to your unstuffed sticks I'll be very happy and have to remind my self to not eat every thing at once!

My Sticks in my Step by Step were mild, but I think the amount of Heat in my Bear Loaves was Just about right for most.

Bear

Sounds good to me Bear! I got a mix of 80/20 and 73/27 and some ground pork. Plan to basically put that all together and from there do my summer sausage and bear loaves :)

Sounds good to me Bear! I got a mix of 80/20 and 73/27 and some ground pork. Plan to basically put that all together and from there do my summer sausage and bear loaves :)

Sounds good, Tom!
That mix might be a little Dry for stuffing in casings, but it's fine for Unstuffed Sticks, Bear Logs, and Bear Loaves.

Make sure I don't miss it when you do it.

Bear

Sounds good, Tom!
That mix might be a little Dry for stuffing in casings, but it's fine for Unstuffed Sticks, Bear Logs, and Bear Loaves.

Make sure I don't miss it when you do it.

Bear
Already got the post up in sausage! To clarify; I didn't put the bear loaf mix into casings, just the summer sausage stuff. Though I wonder about it in chub casings now. Uh oh Bear giving me ideas again!

Already got the post up in sausage! To clarify; I didn't put the bear loaf mix into casings, just the summer sausage stuff. Though I wonder about it in chub casings now. Uh oh Bear giving me ideas again!

I think it works best in the Loaf, like in my Step by Step. (Bear Loaf)

Bear

Made Mini-Best loaves today. Letting them cool. Can't wait to try them. I only had 4# of 80/20 rest was 93% lean I had on hand. Hope doesn't crumble when sliced. IMG_20181023_170029.jpg

Mini-Bear -Loaves turned out fantastic. I may add a" little" extra heat next time around. Wife loves them the way they are , IMG_20181024_130049.jpg she said just dip them in horseradish. Ha...Thanks Bearcarver

Mini-Bear -Loaves turned out fantastic. I may add a" little" extra heat next time around. Wife loves them the way they are , View attachment 378930 she said just dip them in horseradish. Ha...Thanks Bearcarver

Glad you like them, WR!!
I make them like I like them, because Mrs Bear likes them with less heat & Bear Jr likes more heat, so my way is the compromise.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky