Smoked Chuck on Drum Beer Bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
This is one of my favorite sandwiches.

I rubbed the chuck with olive oil and seasoned with cracked black pepper, kosher salt, garlic and onion.
In the drum with some hickory...

made a batch of beer bread, brushed the top with an egg wash and sprinkled with minced onion...
into the drum with the chuck...

After 4 hours I foiled the chuck with some spiced up beef broth and let it cook for another hour...

The bread took almost two hours at 225 degrees.

Split the bread and started with a layer of shredded chuck...

caramelized onions...

bacon....

then cheese, tomatoes and lettuce...

I slathered the lid with a horseradish sauce...

It was tasty!

Thanks for looking!

Jeanie, another great qview!!! You sure know how to work up a feller's appetite and just in time for lunch too. I'm stuck with a store bought burrito~wish I was having some of your sammie instead.

Did you do you beer bread from scratch or from a kit?

Hugs-

ry%3D400

Another great post from you cowgirl. You're an inspiration to all of us!

Wow, that looks amazing... at first i was like dang that is a monster of a sandwich haha. Then i saw the slice LOL. Very tasty looking.

We need some kind of a system for super points or something because that was amazingly delicious looking and regular points just don't cut it...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

A Kurt Rambis fan eh? Well that's better that a Kobe fan lol. I saw Kurt play years ago in his prime.

Jeanie your qview is off the hook as always, most impressive! I just want to know what flavor beer you poured into that frosty mug?

Thanks everybody!

It was from scratch.. I didn't even know they made a beer bread kit until recently. lol
It's really easy to make.

3 cups self rising flour
1/4 cup of sugar
a bit of salt
1 12oz room temperature beer/
You can add other ingredients to flavor it up.

Here's the last one I did with some turkey pastrami...

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=83419

Fred it's really easy bread.
Here is another one that I like to smoke... it works well in an oven too.
This one is a yeast bread.. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=75565

Still holding out for the Outdoor channel. lol

Thank you Placebo! It's good to see you... been awhile, hope all is well in your neck of the woods. :) It was a Coors light.
biggrin.gif

SG, if you hurry I'll save you a slice!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Thank you so much for the nice comments and points friends.
cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky