Smoke Vault 18

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

drunkenmeatfist

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 28, 2017
Ordered one from Amazon today after a few weeks of looking around. Anyone have any tips I should follow on this model? I plan on using wood chunks, but I have a few big bags of cherry, oak, and hickory pellets. Can pellets be used on this thing in combination with chips or chunks? Also would like to know if anyone has built a stand to set the smoker on. 

I don't see why you couldn't. There all wood I think and will burn. But authentic wood wood be better

Propane?

Your best bet for pellets is to get a smoke tube from Todd at Amaze N Smokers. You can use it to cold smoke, or hot smoke with the pit temp up to 285.

I have a SV24 & use chunks in it.

They work very well, I wouldn't put pellets in the wood tray, they will burn right up.

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky