Smoke hollow smoke tronix users

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am looking at the Ds4015ss The stainless steel one.
That is the model I have. The DS4015SS does not come with a stand with wheels and from I understand after reading some online reviews, you cannot add a stand later. This was not a deal breaker for me since the smoker is plenty tall.
I actually ordered online from HomeDepot since they have the best price and free delivery. Plus, if the smoker was DOA, then I could just take it back to the store 30 minutes away.

I think you will really like your Smoke Tronix.

I unfortunately too have a Smoke Tronix. I also have a BGE, 2 MasterBuilt Electric Smokers and a Traeger.
I bought the Smoke Tronix about a year ago and still can't figure it out enough to trust it.
The first cook was Ribs (3-2-1 method) after 4 hours the ribs were definitely not as done as they should have been so I gave them another hour. I finally gave up and tried to finish them in the oven.
I called Smoke Hollow and they sent me all new Heating Elements, which I replaced.
The next week I had to cook 9 Pork Butts for a large group of people. I put 4 in my Masterbuilt, 3 in my Traeger and 2 in the Smoke Tronix. After 5 hours into the cook it was obvious that the Tronix was not keeping up. Once again I tried to salvage them in the oven. I have put 3 Oven Thermometers into the Tronx and they all read within 3 degrees of the setting on the dial.
Although it appears to be working as it should, it takes about twice as long to cook anything that I put in it.

Sorry to hear that Bushrod, you must of got a lemon. I've had mine for almost a year and haven't had one problem, and couldn't be happier. Maybe they need to send out a whole new unit.

I, too, am sorry to hear that you are having problems. I am going to assume that you have used a separate probe to verify the actual temperature inside the Smoke Tronix versus the controller's setpoint. Oops.. I just saw where you stated that you have used oven thermometers to verify temps. I have not had any problems with mine either, so it is possible you have one a bad one. Are you using an extension cord?

Last edited:
If the smoker is reaching temp, and you verified it, I doubt the smoker is the issue UNLESS the element cycles off and takes an extraordinarily long time to cycle back on. As an aside, I have had similar smokes with same cut of meat and similar weights vary by a couple of hours from one smoke to another. Just no explaining it. Just living with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky