Smoke Daddy or Smoke Pistol?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Are those "All Terrain Tires"?

Self Propelled?

Looks way Cool!

Thanks for the pic

Todd

Is that a smoker or a time machine?
Shweeeeeeet!

PS... if your not gonna be around the SD while it's smokin you can hang the pump on the side of it and the vibration will keep things moving.

On the box is written 10 hours
In reality I have obtained 12 hours
Special sawdust is not necessary,I've never had a case where the fire was extinguished
For me he may produce more smoke,but then you smoke 2 or 3 laps
It is suitable for small rooms; you can use it in a cardboard box if you want to

he produces almost no warmth

I would say look at my website, but there are still no cold smoked things on it, still too comes

My Smoke Daddy mounts on the right side (door handle side) in the middle of the side and just above the water pan.

The cleaner I use is Procter and Gambles' "Professional" institutional "DAWN" Power Cleaner...around my area it is carried at Gordon Food Service (GFS).

Hope that helps.....!

Q Dawg

Almost forgot.....the reason I have stuck with any device using chips or chunks is the availability of sawdust is not abundant around my area.....chips and chunks almost sell at any convenience store around here....they are sold everwhere, so no search for a supply ....also there are several Traeger dealers too so pellets again are widely available......!

Q Dawg

Q Dawg, both of your posts helped. I have a rather large stock of chips, chunks and 20 lb bags of Traeger pellets will last A LONG TIME.
And let's not forget the Apple Tree, Pear Tree and Concord Grape I have that contribute annually to my smoking stash
icon_mrgreen.gif
. Sawdust is just not a viable option.

After asking you about your cleaner, I tried out my favorite, Krud Kutter, and the residue just flowed off. A little action with the steel wool and it's all good.

Now where did I put my 7/8 hole saw?

Dave, I'm not absolutely sure, but I believe it should be close to 1.5xpounds.
It varies a bit day to day.
So if it's 25 pounds, i'd expect to be charged around 40 bucks

Yup---Redesigned, but it's still capable of putting out some Beautiful Creosote, and getting all gummed up.

AMNPS is the way to go. Proven by Thousands around the world.

Bear

Yup---Redesigned, but it's still capable of putting out some Beautiful Creosote, and getting all gummed up.

AMNPS is the way to go. Proven by Thousands around the world.

Bear
Not true, lizzie is correct the new model is fine and the trick is lump....plus pre heating with lump before adding chips / chunks.

I use a little lump mixed with the wood to feed it...just get it hot with lump first

Last edited:
Not true, lizzie is correct the new model is fine and the trick is lump....plus pre heating with lump before adding chips / chunks.

I use a little lump mixed with the wood to feed it...just get it hot with lump first
That's a matter of opinion. And Everybody has one.

I tried it both ways & gave my $100 Junk Big Kahuna away.

I'll stick to the AMNS & AMNPS. It is the best at making Great smoke for a long time (11 hours) on the Market.

Also a Sponsor of SMF.

I don't believe Smoke Daddy is a Sponsor.

BTW: I'm done with this conversation. My views on the Smoke Daddy are known.

Bear

Last edited:

That's a matter of opinion. And Everybody has one.

I tried it both ways & gave my $100 Junk Big Kahuna away.

I'll stick to the AMNS & AMNPS. It is the best at making Great smoke for a long time (11 hours) on the Market.

Also a Sponsor of SMF.

Bear
Yep and i'm glad you found something that worked well for your particular smoker and situation.   Todd is a great guy and Dennis is a great guy.   I hate to see someone bad mouth another product/company is all.    Different kinds of smokers and they both have different attributes.   People like myself and many others have found how to make the Big Kahuna work well for them just like the amazen has for you...so lets leave it at that.  Happy smoking to all!     FWIW    I believe Smoke Daddy is a sponsor as well. 

FWI and lizzie are both correct.   Depending on what you are smoking and your skills, a long, thin smoke is not always desired.

The AMNPS and Smoke Daddy's are both good smoke generators and I use both frequently.  I did a test on both to determine how much creosote both produced under different conditions. AMNPS & Smoke Daddy Myths?  

Rather than debate whether one is better than the other or one creates creosote and the other doesn't,   I suggest everyone do their own test.  If you have a generator that works well for you, stick with it.

Tom

Well good everyone is happy with what they use....Maybe the bad mouthing of companies and products can stop now. 
icon14.gif
   Well I hope and pray anyway. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky