SMF Cookbook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Frequently seen on other Recipe Sites...

JJ's Best Smoked Turkey Salad

Smoked Turkey

Lettuce

Tomato

Cucumber

Ranch Dressing

Toss and serve...

Then in the comments...

This recipe is terrible!!! Would give ZERO Stars if I could! It does not work at all. I can't see why everyone gives FIVE stars!!!!

I didn't have Turkey so I used Smoked Pork.

No Lettuce so I substituted Kale.

I hate Tomatoes, left them out.

No Cucumbers so I used Zucchini.

I only had Blue Cheese Dressing.

icon_eek.gif
 REALLY??? What was this person expecting...
head-wall.gif
...JJ
icon_lol.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: bdskelly
Why is it necessary to include comments in the collection? The poll example above would tell it all and a link to the original post would have all the comments necessary. Comments section would only contain hundreds of personal likes and dislikes. To me a vote of likes and dislikes is all that is necessary.

Why is it necessary to include comments in the collection? The poll example above would tell it all and a link to the original post would have all the comments necessary. Comments section would only contain hundreds of personal likes and dislikes. To me a vote of likes and dislikes is all that is necessary.
I agree and think this would be a good idea. Keep this a " Recipe File " and leave the comments out. I don't believe there is a way to Lock replies and leave the Thread open to updates and expansion. Maybe an instruction at the beginning that Comments are not allowed and will be deleted...Thoughts?...JJ

I am all for it.

I feel recipes should be tested by an elected board who each try the products suggested recipe. Feedback given to the author for any changes which may be deemed necessary. 

Ill be the taste test dummy!!!!!

That idea sounds good until you realize how many recipes are on SMF. It would take forever for a board to test them all, not to mention the expense to the board members would have to shoulder.

That idea sounds good until you realize how many recipes are on SMF. It would take forever for a board to test them all, not to mention the expense to the board members would have to shoulder.
True to fact, but it does not mean that the board cannot run smaller groups working the different genres to be covered. This would spread the expense, and create a true community effort. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky