SMF Cookbook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeffinn

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 7, 2015
Hi All,

I've recently started collecting recipes from the forum and saving them in one of my recipe programs. I'd like to share it with the group but I'm looking for feedback first. If it's something that's of interest to the group, I could post the full version and then update it monthly so everyone has the latest and greatest recipes from the forum.

The cookbook is output in Microsoft Word format so it should be usable by most people. For my first attempt I grabbed any recipe that was in a somewhat standard recipe format. The program puts them all in a standardized format. The cookbook would have a table of contents (standard Word TOC where you can press your Ctrl key and click on the recipe name and it'll take you to the recipe) and an index to make it easy to get to the recipe that you're looking for.

I've attached a sample cookbook with just a few recipes included so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about (the full version currently has over 150 recipes in 8 different categories). My guess is that the completed cookbook would contain over 250 recipes.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Jeff    

Jeff, afternoon.....  Pretty bold but at least you took the time to let us know....   Do we get a cut ???

I think this is a great idea,would save some a lot of time who are interested in smoking/cooking.....rather than trying to search for certain content throughout the site.Sounds like u are tryin to help others out in ur works,soon as info hits the web everyone and theredog can view it...personally i dont find that bold in the least,good luck andlookin forward to it!cheers:)

Last edited:
Yeah, not sure what the "bold" comment was about. I'm attempting to share a personal cookbook with the group...

I am thinking it would be convenient to have a compilation of members recipes in one place...JJ

It's a great idea. All the recipes are "public domain" now anyway, credit is given to the original author, and easily obtainable. Wonderful.

I think Dave meant "bold" in the context that it could become a massive project. There are a hellova lot of recipes here.

Go for it.

Bruce

A monumental undertaking indeed. There is just so much info to sort thru that it's difficult to just use search. I think this would be a very much appreciated project. My hats off to ya for stepping up to the plate on this.

I agree . Get Jeffs ok first, but I think it's a great idea
I give you kudos for doing this for us. I have been copying and pasting into my iPhone notes for three years every time I see a good recipe..to have them all in pdf form is perfect!!

I approached Jeff to see if we could use the SMF logo for the UK-SMF smokers weekend website, and he gave us permission.

Not sure about copy right, things like Facebook, you agree that all information and photos etc when posted are then copy fight of Facebook.

I use an app called get the links, copy and paste the link into it and if you know what your looking for, say Bears Boston Butt, type that in and it brings all relevant links up.

But a dedicated book would be good!

Last edited:
I approached Jeff to see if we could use the SMF logo for the UK-SMF smokers weekend website, and he gave us permission.
We need to see how we can get hold of a larger version of the logo as the ones we have tried to use from the site are much too low resolution to put on any posters or banners.

I have a PM in to Jeff and should have a definitive answer soon...JJ

Your idea of a cookbook may not comply with the rules and guidelines of the forum....

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/user-guidelines
[h2]Commercial Use Policy[/h2]
Any commercial or promotional distribution, publishing or exploitation of the sites, or any content, code, data or materials on the sites is strictly prohibited; unless you have requested and received permission Smoking Meat Forums. This applies to all forums, Wiki articles and reviews. As a general rule, these posts and links are NOT permitted, regardless of how the post or link is framed (including but not limited to direct advertisements, adverquestions, or introtisements).  This policy applies to ‘free’ offers and promotional activities, as well as direct commercial overtures or transactional links. 

Your idea of a cookbook may not comply with the rules and guidelines of the forum....

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/user-guidelines
[h2]Commercial Use Policy[/h2]
Any commercial or promotional distribution, publishing or exploitation of the sites, or any content, code, data or materials on the sites is strictly prohibited; unless you have requested and received permission Smoking Meat Forums. This applies to all forums, Wiki articles and reviews. As a general rule, these posts and links are NOT permitted, regardless of how the post or link is framed (including but not limited to direct advertisements, adverquestions, or introtisements).  This policy applies to ‘free’ offers and promotional activities, as well as direct commercial overtures or transactional links. 
If Jeff gives his permission then one would assume that it would be permission from Smoking Meat Forum. Let us see what comes back from JJs request.

Awesome  idea  it's one of the great perks of this forum is all the amazing recipes people share .they have already been shared  why not categorize them and share them again?????? 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky