Small smokehouse build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
First off, nice job on the build. I would love to have one of these things in my back yard. I do think however the latches take away some of the rustic feel of the smokehouse. I have seen some gate hardware that looked similar to your handle, maybe replace the handle with some two way gate hardware? Maybe that would get to smokey/sticky and eventually not work but just a suggestion.

Again great job!!!!

Looks-Great.gif

First off, nice job on the build. I would love to have one of these things in my back yard. I do think however the latches take away some of the rustic feel of the smokehouse. I have seen some gate hardware that looked similar to your handle, maybe replace the handle with some two way gate hardware? Maybe that would get to smokey/sticky and eventually not work but just a suggestion.

Again great job!!!!

The handle actually came with the 2 way gate latch, I didn't want to put a painted product of unknown material inside the smoke chamber out of fear of making people sick. I used the latches because each of them has a hold down power of 500 lbs and I was hoping that would help keep a tight seal on the door. I may pull them off and shoot them with some black paint to help them blend in better.

The handle actually came with the 2 way gate latch, I didn't want to put a painted product of unknown material inside the smoke chamber out of fear of making people sick. I used the latches because each of them has a hold down power of 500 lbs and I was hoping that would help keep a tight seal on the door. I may pull them off and shoot them with some black paint to help them blend in better.
Good point! I also always wonder that about the plywood in a smoker, they use some nasty resins in the manufacture of plywood.

Good point! I also always wonder that about the plywood in a smoker, they use some nasty resins in the manufacture of plywood.
It made me kinda leary as well, I did extensive reading on here from others that have used it. It seems that if you use hardood ply and the hardwood side is facing in toward the smoke chamber that you gtg, I intend on collecting enough metal to do the inside of mine one day, but used the hardwood ply now in order to get it going.

Looks like a nice build to me.

All joking aside, there was a reason for the two holer.  It was never used like that to my memory?

But it sure was handy for an emergency?

Until the nasty kids like my dad?  That would take it off the foundation and move it back three feet on Halloween?

Good luck and good smoking.

Looks like a nice build to me.

All joking aside, there was a reason for the two holer.  It was never used like that to my memory?

But it sure was handy for an emergency?

Until the nasty kids like my dad?  That would take it off the foundation and move it back three feet on Halloween?

Good luck and good smoking.

Maybe I was to young for him to tell me the real reason, I just remember what he told me, maybe he was just messing with me I don't know lol

Here we go! First smoke in the smokehouse today! Doing some snack sticks about 15 lbs of venison / pork. I load some pics this evening to prove it. Wish me luck as mother nature decided to make me deal with 35 MPH gust today! :devil: . The sticks went in at 6 this morning lets hope everything works out!

Can't wait to see the results! Good luck with the wind!

It actually hasn't been to bad, I've been able to control the temp fairly well. Its only been bouncing around by about 5 degrees. It has taken constant attention though

I really like your smokehouse! Where's the pic of your burner? Did you end up using the turkey fryer? I don't see your air intake, what did you do for that? Looks really good though.

I really like your smokehouse! Where's the pic of your burner? Did you end up using the turkey fryer? I don't see your air intake, what did you do for that? Looks really good though.

The air intake is a 4x10 floor register on the lower left side of the smokehouse, the burner is from northern tool ill post pics of the inside when I get ready to pull them.

DONE! Just pulled them and gave em a nice cold bath! They are blooming now, sure is hard not to cut a hunk off and try them! Qview soon to come.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky