Sirloin Tips, Stuffed Portabellas, Chicken Corn Soup, ABTs & Rolled Breasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Here's a close view for you to check out - nice & juicy & flavorful with the cheese medley & the pecan complimented the herbs nicely 
yahoo.gif
Holy CHEESUS!!!! 
77.gif
77.gif
Looks Fantastic Jeremy!!!!

I have used a bunch of pecan this summer, certainly has become one of my favorite smoking woods. It mixes great with cherry too. I'm having a hard time finding pecan this year. At the end of last summer I bought all that I have on clearance at Home Depot. They were the only ones in town to have it. This year no one in town had it
th_crybaby2.gif
Guess when I run out I'll have to pay the shipping to get it.

Last edited:

Holy CHEESUS!!!! 
77.gif
77.gif
Looks Fantastic Jeremy!!!!

I have used a bunch of pecan this summer, certainly has become one of my favorite smoking woods. It mixes great with cherry too. I'm having a hard time finding pecan this year. At the end of last summer I bought all that I have on clearance at Home Depot. They were the only ones in town to have it. This year no one in town had it
th_crybaby2.gif
Guess when I run out I'll have to pay the shipping to get it.
Thanks Case 
biggrin.gif
   They are really good - I'm gonna have the last one over rice with sauce tonight...

Aren't there any bbq stores around your area that carry pecan? I know there is one in Portland but it's not worth a 3 hour drive just for some wood chunks...  A lot of people are very happy with Fruita wood chunks & they have free shipping...

Thanks Case 
biggrin.gif
   They are really good - I'm gonna have the last one over rice with sauce tonight...

Aren't there any bbq stores around your area that carry pecan? I know there is one in Portland but it's not worth a 3 hour drive just for some wood chunks...  A lot of people are very happy with Fruita wood chunks & they have free shipping...
No dedicated BBQ stores hear! Have to shop the Hardware stores for the wood. In fact up until a few years ago all I could get here was chips! Then HD and Lowes started carrying the chunks. Actually this year Lowes only had mesquite chunks and apple and cherry chips. Ace hardware has small bags of the chunks, every flavor except pecan.

I have looked at Fruita but didn't know they had free shipping. I'll give them another look for sure. When I get to PDX I do keep my eyes peeled for good deals, but I don't get up there much.

No dedicated BBQ stores hear! Have to shop the Hardware stores for the wood. In fact up until a few years ago all I could get here was chips! Then HD and Lowes started carrying the chunks. Actually this year Lowes only had mesquite chunks and apple and cherry chips. Ace hardware has small bags of the chunks, every flavor except pecan.

I have looked at Fruita but didn't know they had free shipping. I'll give them another look for sure. When I get to PDX I do keep my eyes peeled for good deals, but I don't get up there much.
Hey Case - I didn't know what all was around you but figured you had already checked 
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
   There is another place that sells chunks with free shipping but I haven't heard any reviews from people using them. They have a couple different sizes too. The place is vaughnwoodproducts.com if you decide to check it out...

That sirloin looks perfect & the mushrooms look awesome!!! I got a question tho. What in the world is chicken corn soup????? And those stuffed habanero peppers are insane. No way I could eat something that hot!!

That sirloin looks perfect & the mushrooms look awesome!!! I got a question tho. What in the world is chicken corn soup????? And those stuffed habanero peppers are insane. No way I could eat something that hot!!
Thanks man 
biggrin.gif
   Chicken corn soup is just that - chicken, corn, a little celery, some chicken soup base, a few spices & usually rivels - it's popular here in PA...

As to the habs - I like hot stuff! 
th_violent5.gif

icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky