Shrimp in the drum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
I got to try some Sweet Heat Pear Pepper sauce that a smoking friend in the Netherlands named Phubar sent to me not long ago. It was great!
Also made some bacon wrapped and Raspberry Jalapeno sauce shrimp with the sauce Beer-B-Q sent. Also great! (Thanks again. :))

Phubar's Sweet Heat Pear Pepper sauce...

I smoked the shrimp in my drum with some olive wood...

The Raspberry Jalapeno shrimp, Sweet Heat Pear Pepper shrimp (on the skewers) and the bacon wrapped olive smoked shrimp.

The Sweet Heat Pear Pepper sauced shrimp...

The Raspberry Jalapeno sauced shrimp..

Loved both sauces...they were so tasty!

Thanks for looking!

They Look Great...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Did you say in one post that you Grow Your Own Shrimp?

How do you do that?

Love the look the olive wood gave those shrimp.
How would you describe the flavor of olive wood?

Maybe buy some dried shrimp and put them in the ground and water?
Wonder what kind of growing conditions are best for a shrimp tree?

Those look outstanding, Jeanie! Seems like I never think to do shrimp. Got a bag of the extra large in the freezer so maybe do some for Thanksgiving. Thanks for the pics.

Holy Cowgirl!!!!!!!!!! I bet no one has asked you this before but would you marry me???????

I gotta say you really get outside the box with your stuff and its very impressive..

BTW Shrimp trees grow best in Tropical areas of New Guniea. They like plenty of light on the south side of a hill next to a bluff.

Those are some mighty fine looking shrimp for sure there Jeanie, But from you we know it will be very tasty and beuitfully photographed. And yes she does raise her own shrimp their fresh water I believe. Thanks again

Looks great as always! I hope you're compiling these pics and recipes for a book.

Is there a difference in taste/texture between saltwater and freshwater shrimp?

Outstanding as usual Jeanie.

points.gif
cause they're well deserved with all of your posts.

One question, when you cut down the shrimp tree, can that wood be used to smoke with? I didn't see it listed on the sticky of smoking woods. LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky