Shipping Cured Meats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
wow paranoid eaters .. so i can take my jerkey on a camping trip for a week but i cant ship it to my son.. ha,, and dont give me any damn speeches. its absurd

We are s peaking of meats that have moisture in them..... Maybe you missed that part....

if jerky doesnt break when bent theres moisture. but wet meat i understand. but they way you try scare newbies,,, STOP!!! JEEZE ITS NOT LIKE THAT.. i know ive been emailed with thoughts that people are kinda scared to say something in reply of getting slammed as i have been before.. . theres are lots of good ways and ways some dont agree with at all, well then dont do it.. but preaching is not allowed to infringe on others.

if jerky doesnt break when bent theres moisture. but wet meat i understand. but they way you try scare newbies,,, STOP!!! JEEZE ITS NOT LIKE THAT.. i know ive been emailed with thoughts that people are kinda scared to say something in reply of getting slammed as i have been before.. . theres are lots of good ways and ways some dont agree with at all, well then dont do it.. but preaching is not allowed to infringe on others.

Maybe you missed the part it's an arm of the USDA / FDA... named FSIS..... Food Safety Inspection Service....

I'm just pointing out food safety..... I guess you missed that part also......

i didnt miss anything.. its just your veiw and no room for others,, heck the state speed limit is 75 i go 80 along with others .. those guidelines are just that .. there for the people with NO damn common sense and have to be told exactly.. like so Many posSt say if ya inject meat ya HAVE TO ABSOLUTLY OR ELSE get to 140 fAST..... .. well i dont know where that meat comes from or the guy that just puts injectors in drawer and not wash em. ya want more i got em.

look i'm not trying to convince you of anything/ its just you think everybody should read those guide lines like there GOD .. they are not, we are American's and have our own brain to do with what we deem good for ourselves not your own practices that you think everybody else is supposed to follow. Jones town died long time ago.... nobody can fix stupid,, it s just futal to tell somebody to wash there hands then stick the meat.. if they have to be told that then whats the use

Last edited:
Hover the mouse over my avatar and click on IGNORE... Then you will have to make a conscious effort to read what I post... I think I asked you to do that, at least once before...

wow paranoid eaters .. so i can take my jerkey on a camping trip for a week but i cant ship it to my son.. ha,, and dont give me any damn speeches. its absurd
i didnt miss anything.. its just your veiw and no room for others,, heck the state speed limit is 75 i go 80 along with others .. those guidelines are just that .. there for the people with NO damn common sense and have to be told exactly.. like so Many posSt say if ya inject meat ya HAVE TO ABSOLUTLY OR ELSE get to 140 fAST..... .. well i dont know where that meat comes from or the guy that just puts injectors in drawer and not wash em. ya want more i got em.

rc4u rc4u I do understand what your saying but in our rules around here we will always guide someone to follow USDA standards when it comes to food safety. You may find them absurd but you may have a great immune system that can handle a certain level of bacteria or what not. But what happens when a person that you give advise to (that is not in line with USDA) follow it and get sick or worse die. Do you want to have that hanging over your head that you gave them the advise that killed them because they had a immune system that was compromised or not as strong as yours? I know I do not and will not be that person.

Just like the advise on the speed limit. It is a law that you go no more than 75 but you do it. Are you going to tell the cop that pulls you over that the sign is just for people with no common sense? I do not think so and if you did it wouldn't get you there.

You can have different opinions then people but when they back the information up with fact from the USDA or which ever governing body then you really can't argue that unless your just looking for a fight.

Yes there are many ways to skin a cat but do not criticize someone because they do not do it your way.

I hope this debate is over. If not ill take the appropriate action for the forum at that point in time. Want to discuss this further PM me.

Thanks.

Jerky that is cured and has met the low water activity requirements being much drier than snack sticks is room temp stable as well as foods with acids from vinegar etc that brings the PH level down to around 4.2. Like pickles, hot sauces.

Reactions: daveomak
I think it would be much better if you pack the jerky together with dry ice. I know jerky doesn't spoil at the proper temperature, but if the temperature is constantly high, it can spoil. + on top of everything, delivery should be up to 3 days max. If more than that, then say goodbye to the meat. My uncle once sent a piece of jerky, but with 3 days to go, it didn't arrive. Good thing my uncle looked in the aliexpress shipping tracking app and found out that the meat had already been delivered, but got lost in storage. This is complete nonsense, I don't know how this could have happened.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky