Seasoning a new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah......I started with charcoal and added a good sized piece of hickory to get a good base of hot coals. Right before I put the meat on I added a small piece of hicory and later on in the smoke i added another small piece and a little bit of charcoal to keep my temp. up. Seemed to work pretty good. I used briquettes jsut because that is what I had on hand. When I finish off the charcoal I have I am going to get some lump charcoal. The briquettes don't last that long and make a mess. I really liked using the wood. You get alot better burn time from it. I'm learning.

fisher

I have the Oklahoma highland smoker putting it together I sealed the firebox and then when I put the fire box to the cooking chamber I sealed it to. With high temp. Sealant. All I have left is to seal the doors. Then season it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky