saturday ribs= Qview

Discussion in 'Pork' started by ldrus, May 22, 2010.

1. ldrus

ldrus Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

doing BB for dinner tomorrow i scored a load of apple wood so i have to go pick it up in the morning then when i get home time to fire op the smoker
    also plan on a few trout but wont be able to get them until tomorrow store was out and new delivery will be in the am, will post progress picks as i go
    ribs are washed, membrane removed, basted with Heinz Salad vinegar, Dijon Mustard, and JNRR, will be smoking with peach wood(thanks to irishteabearer)

2. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice! You'll love the trout if you haven't tried it already. Nice score the the apple wood, too!

3. Looking good so far. Can't wait to see how they turn out. Keep us posted with that qview.

4. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Got lots of peach around here, only used it once though.
    Good luck on the ribs and let us know what you thought of the peach wood [​IMG]

5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yes you have a nice score on the wood and the ribs sound like you have then preped well so now all you need is to smoke them. So I guess I will come back to see the progress.

6. tom37

tom37 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great just Great, I should have never checked the board this morning. I really need to go work but seeing these ribs really makes me want to say the heck with working and go light the smoker.

Looks Great man.

7. ldrus

rib are on the smoker @ 11:30

8. ldrus

here is 1 1/2lb rainbow brined with 1/2c kosher salt, 1c DBS, 4 cloves of garlic 2 bayleaves in 1 gal of watter for about 1 1/2 hrs rinsed well with cold water and stuffed with lemon slices and onions(thanks for the idea Diesel Fanatic)

9. hhookk

hhookk Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

You have my attention [​IMG] Can't wait to see how this turns out.

10. ldrus

done after 2hrs on the pit @ 230deg

11. ldrus

thin blue

12. ldrus

3hrs into smoke for ribs 1hr for fish

13. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Now that is a beatiful smoker there Ikrus. I like the trout you have there too.

14. ldrus

ok it is done and shall i say it was Phenomenal! hope you can see the smoke ring on the ribs it was so pretty pink!! thanks for every ones supporting comments

15. ldrus

p.s. i only had 2 slabs when i was taking the one out of the foil after the 2 hr wrap it kinda just fell apart [​IMG]

16. mythmaster

mythmaster Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Those look great! Did you sauce them or is that just some rub love that I'm seeing?

17. ldrus

Both! they are lightly sauced and lots of rub

18. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great looking smoke! Ribs and fish both looked awesome.

19. The finished product looked very nice! How did the peach wood work out-I'm really curious!!!![​IMG]

20. caveman

caveman Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

That Trout was very good looking. Great job with everything.