Roll callin from LA (lower Alabama)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tkeiy661

Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
FOLEY, ALABAMA
Hello everybody!

My name is Daniel, Im what most of ya'll would call a youngin' at 22yrs. old. I just got out of school at the University of West Alabama (unfortunatly didnt graduate...yet) where I studied music performance and composition and became a proud brother or Tau Kappa Epsilon.

One of my TKE brothers is really big into bbq competitions and I spent alot of time helping him with these competitions, and doing smaller school functions with him. He sparked alot of interest in smoking bbq with me, and the rest is history!

I am on the brink of building a big baby style smoker for myself, and have been lurking around here looking at build pics and getting the best methods together for this build.

Project:" Double Barrel" coming soon!!!

Daniel, WELCOME to the SMF Family...Lots of cool people here, most been Smoking longer than you been Alive, so You just tapped into hundreds of years experience...and that's just BEARCARVER
ROTF.gif
 Seriously, we all love to teach so hang on for a great experience...JJ

Daniel,

Welcome to SMF!  Sounds like you have been bitten by the smoking bug (a very good thing) and I look forward to seeing pics of your smoker as you build it.

I will definatly start a build thread on this thing when it starts...right now my progress is to the later stage of planning and design. (with nothing but the two barrels in hand). And I really look foreward to learnig from you guys.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! There is a huge wealth of knowledge and experience here, I couldnt have gone wrong by joining!

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome Daniel to SMF. You'll like this place for there are alot of folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking meat. You will find alot of good recipes and techniques here also. so with all that said:

Welcome to your new Addiction

Hello all,

My name is charlie im from Chelsea park Alabama. Im originally from Baltimore Maryland. Since ive been here in Alabama ive been itching to smoke some meat. So my wife bought me a masterbulit electronic smoke cab. So far ive smoked Corn on the cob, sausage, ribs, hamburger's, hot dogs, roast, mac-n-cheese, peppers, fish, pork chops. Whole chickens. So im just starting out and so far I love it. I cant wait smoke a turkey for thanksgiving a boston butt for christmas. Im loving this site.

Welcome Daniel!  Lots of great help, resources, and encouragement here at SMF from all over the globe.  Soak it all in. 

Since you are a former "frat rat", you already know about the brotherhood situation, and the hard work of having to sacrifice a few "adult beverages" while you work. Hang in there!!!

People love to see photos of your build process, and the hard work you will be doing. Don't forget to ask for suggestions, your situation will benefit from all the expertise, and free consultations.

Good luck on your double barrel build, and ENJOY!  I know it will be magnificent.

Charlie,

the guys on here are thinking that this thread is just for me. Try opening a new thread and you will get more recognition. I noticed that they were skipping over where you wrote thinking it was someone on the forum. good to see yet another Alabama boy on here tho!!!
Hello all,

My name is charlie im from Chelsea park Alabama. Im originally from Baltimore Maryland. Since ive been here in Alabama ive been itching to smoke some meat. So my wife bought me a masterbulit electronic smoke cab. So far ive smoked Corn on the cob, sausage, ribs, hamburger's, hot dogs, roast, mac-n-cheese, peppers, fish, pork chops. Whole chickens. So im just starting out and so far I love it. I cant wait smoke a turkey for thanksgiving a boston butt for christmas. Im loving this site.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky