Roll call for Taste of Grand Rapids!

Discussion in 'Upcoming/Recurring BBQ Competitions (KCBS or Other' started by bbq bubba, Jul 7, 2007.

1. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Bud n Tonto are feverishly preparing for this wekend, as i am packing myself. Thought i'd run a last check on who still plans on attending and or coming to visit.We have a menu of vittles to go along with the meat we'll have from the comp., Just looking for a head count![​IMG]
    BTW, I would suggest your cooler, liquid refreshments, and chairs, last turn in is at 1:00, party should start about 1:01[​IMG]
    Look forward to meeting my Michigan SMF family!!![​IMG]

2. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Not attending Bubba, but wish the Smokin Scotsmen BBQ team the best. Go show em how it's done gang!

Keep Smokin

3. crewdawg52

crewdawg52 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Bubba, I'll be there. May drive up the night before and get a hotel room, or just drive up sat morning and stay until sun morning. Haven't decided yet. Either way, I'm not gonna miss this!

Geoff

4. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

too far away here & already have a road trip planned but y'all go smoke 'em. best wishes & good luck.

5. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Oh Oh pick me!!!
    I will be there most likely Friday to check the place out and Saturday just because

6. bbq bubba

Glad to hear, look forward to finally meeting ya Cheech![​IMG]

7. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I'll be there in spirit and best of luck to you guys[​IMG]

8. crewdawg52

The better half (Laura) has determined she must meet these individuals that I spend so much time with on this site (but never have met) at the GRR BBQ comp. Did my schedule to be off for this weekend. Can't wait!

9. wylieq

wylieq Newbie

I'll be there. do ya think ya'll could save me some food this time[​IMG]

10. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I'll be there in spirit... good luck you guys, looking forward to hearing the results!

11. jts70

jts70 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Sorry to inform that due to circumstances out of me control, I will not be able to attend. Our family has a pretty big party every July, those who were going to help this year and have things organized have not, so I am now a one man show again. I was really looking forward to the face to face , but again I am stuck doing other things.

I wish you all the best of luck and REALLY wish I could attend!!

12. tonto1117

tonto1117 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Thank you all very much for the well wishes....getting close now and the butterflies are churning!!! [​IMG]

Glad to hear that you can make it Cheech and Crewdawg, come hungry on Sat afternoon, there will be tons of food[​IMG]

Jts70, sorry to hear you can't make it, maybe we can meet up at the Silver Lake BBQ contest in September. Here is the link if your interested.[​IMG]

http://www.slsdbbq.com/

13. jts70

jts70 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Thanks Theresa ! I will make note that! I wish you guys the best of luck!

I was really looking forwarded to meeting all of you, hopefully Sept wil have better results.

Jeff

14. crewdawg52

Ya know......Laura (the better half) has always wanted to go to that area of the state...........Nice time of the year too!....[​IMG]

15. peculiarmike

peculiarmike Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Tonto & Bud,best of luck! Like I said, I know you will do good. I sure would like to cruise up that way, maybe later........................
    Bud - Smoke 'em 'til who laid the chunk! And that wet mule thing! [​IMG]

16. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WylieQ I hear Bud has a new tradition of Ribs N Salad... so maybe a few ribs will go your way!

Bud and tonto... lets weight that table down and Best O Luck to ya... You're gonna do great!

17. bbq bubba

If there's one thing i can guarantee..........no salad ribs this weekend, I'll be holding onto the table [​IMG]

18. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Boy, you done cursed yourself for sure now Bubba. You better get the compressor ready. [​IMG]

19. tonto1117

tonto1117 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Too Funny!!![​IMG] I'll make sure Bud checks in tonight berore his trip[​IMG]

Meanwhile..........(repeating over and over in my head) I will not tie Wylie's leash to the table leg........I will not tie Wylie's leash to the table leg.............I will not tie Wylie's leash to the table leg.......[​IMG]

20. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Good Luck you guys! Not that you'll need luck you've got the best of the best behind you!

No butterflies Theresa they don't smoke well - to thin I think.

[​IMG] Go Get em!