Ribs with QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trips66

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 16, 2010
Illinois
Well normally i am over in the smoker building section writing about the smoker project i am working on. But today i am taking a break from that and doing up some baby backs and posting pics for anyone that isnt going to be as lucky as me today. I have done ribs a couple of other times, and the first time turned out pretty well but might have just been a little over done. Second try was about the same except they were just a little under done and a little tougher. I believe today will finally be it. I am smoking on a modified ECB, using Royal Oak charcoal and a mix of apple and hickory chips.I put my dry rub on lastnight and had it sitting in the fridge up until 30 min ago. I will continue updates through out the day. ENJOY!!!

cf3fc7a8_101_1089.jpg

Looking good so far, keep the Qview coming...

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay on this but the neighbor came over and we had a few adult beverages for a while. Anyway the ribs have been on for a little over 2 hours. They look so delicious i want to eat them now. Here is a pic i took about 45 minutes ago when i was spraying them down a bit. I am having some issues with some temp spikes but nothing too major. This is the first time i have used lump charcoal so it is taking a little getting used to.

f286d61e_101_1090.jpg

And here is the latest look at the ribs taken just a few minutes ago when i gave the slabs their hourly shower. You know, i think the first person that decided to drink beer wile smoking meat should be awarded the nobel peace prize or something like that.

70f0c349_101_1092.jpg
82a3a3c4_101_1091.jpg

Changed out the coals and gave it another shower.I think i have about 2 hours left on these bad boys and then feast time!!!
46f2172c_101_1093.jpg

Lookin' Good "66 with Trips!

These are gonna be Great!

Can't wait for the Grand Finale!

Bear

Well i think we are getting awefully close. The ribs have been on for about 4 hours and 15 minutes. I just gave them another shower and boy are they looking good.Let me know what you think. Good or bad. I want to know that these ribs are as good as they can be with the technique i am using.

c1d6d0c0_101_1095.jpg
baecb180_101_1094.jpg

Alright, now we are in sight of the finish line. I just pasted on my own BBQ sauce and am planning on leaving the ribs on for 30 more minutes to let that settle down just right. I can almost taste these things and they are already delicios. ENJOY!!!

3f65cc2e_101_1098.jpg
c5359a14_101_1097.jpg
dbc3dc27_101_1096.jpg

Well, i dont use sayings to often but i would say this pig is cooked.Total time: 5 hours and 35 minutes. And just in time if i might add. Storm is blowing in and i had to bring the smoker in the garage for the last 30 min. Good thing the wife isnt here. These things are amazing. I would save a spot at the table for any one of you fellas. I wish these pics would show the true story but it just is not capturing what i am seeing. I hope you enjoy!!!

1227b7cb_101_1107.jpg
466ffae0_101_1106.jpg
b790bc25_101_1104.jpg
115cf58a_101_1103.jpg
746089ed_101_1102.jpg
0c91f3c8_101_1100.jpg

I'd say there is nothing wrong with your process.. write down exactly what you did and repeat it next time
icon_mrgreen.gif

Great technique, great job keeping yourself basted with beverages as well as the ribs. They truly look wonderful and if I were anywhere near you, I'd be there in a heartbeat!!

Good job!

Sorry I didnt get to reply yesterday guys but i was working on the smoker all day long.( which you can take a look at over at The Reverse flow forum). Anyway thank you all for your posts and comments. I had a great time working on these and cant wait for my next free weekend to try something new. Im thinking maybe a fatty this time.Again, thank you

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky