Ribs on the Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike5051

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 7, 2015
New Orleans LA
My Thanksgiving turkey only took 2.5 hours to smoke, got lots of left over fuel.  Figured I'd smoke some ribs for about 5 hours and burn up some charcoal. Smoking between 225 and 250 for five hours, no wrap.  I had to peek on em at the 4 hour mark....

Mike

Reactions: disco and bryce
I like ribs! Ever try a Cajun spice rub? Looking forward to a snot of them bones!

No-wrap ribs, my fave
drool.gif

I like ribs! Ever try a Cajun spice rub? Looking forward to a snot of them bones!
I'd love a cajun spice rub, however....GF and daughter can't stand the heat.  I try to sneak in a little bit of heat in everything I cook.  I blame black pepper for any complaints.  
icon_rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
I'd love a cajun spice rub, however....GF and daughter can't stand the heat.  I try to sneak in a little bit of heat in everything I cook.  I blame black pepper for any complaints.  :icon_rolleyes:  

My wife is not a fan of heat either,and at the current time she doesn't even want any form of pork smoked or not. More for me,maybe I need to make some ribs soon!

Mike, those look really great and the color is awesome. My folks don't like much heat either. I really like Jeff's rub, but I take out a little heat and add a little sweet. Good job, Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky