Ribeye roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

irishteabear

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 22, 2008
Downingtown, PA
The other day hubby (Dan) came home with a 16 lb hunk of beef. The label said it was boneless ribeye and it was on sale for $4.99 a lb. After debating about it for a while I decided to cut it in to 3 roasts. Two of them went in the freezer but the third one was destined for the smoker.
biggrin.gif

Rubbed it with kosher salt, cbp and granulated garlic. I talked with ronp and desertlites in chat and they both recommended that I sear it on the grill first. It didn't work too well. Apparently my grill doesn't get that hot at the moment, think it needs a good cleaning. Anyhow, it went in the smoker as the butt I was smoking was reaching 165 and ready for foiling. It was smoked at 250 with a mix of oak and hickory. I didn't look at the clock to see what time I put it in or what time iI took it out. I got sidetracked both times.

It was pulled at 130, wrapped in foil and a towel and let sit until we were ready to eat it. The kids like theirs a little more done, so it was put in a frypan with some of the au jus and simmered until it was hot they wanted it. They also wanted gravy so a little flour was added to the already hot pan juices.

It was delicious! There was two slices left by the time everyone ate their fill.

You said you were doing this roast. Looks like it came out really really good can I have the left overs. Great job girl
points.gif

That looks awesome nice job!!

Nice job Dawn, I wish I had some of that, looks great. Glad it turned out for you.

Dawn, that looks great! Juices are showing quite nicely...aaaaah man, that's makin' me hungry!

Thanks for sharing!

Eric

That's one great looking rib eye, Dawn! Wish I had a big slice of that.
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky