Rib Roast w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

erain

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 2, 2008
cental minnesota
I had a nice big rib roast of which i did half a while back. Figured being the weekends ice fishing plans were postponed til next week be a good weekend to take care of that other half roast. we have here about 7+ lbs of boneless rib roast.

the last one i did which was my first i put in a soy based marinade which a friend gave me the recipie for and it is great. I dont think this cut really needs it though. This one I trying something different. on the meaty side i rubbed with garlic paste(comes in a toothpaste type tube, also tomato paste does as well. handy stuff) and just fresh cracked pepper and some sea salt.

On the fat side only used some mustard and my basic bbq rub

Then i gave the fat side a lil sear action.

In alum drip pan, sliced a whole big onion, 8 oz can of mushrooms, and box of beef broth. i am hoping for leftovers so maybe some sammies, loaded with mushrooms and onions and some provolone.....

I used Garlic Peppercorn grill mates to make a lil baste for it. Here we are with int temp just busting 100 deg.

here it is at 130-going to foil,wrap/cooler now!!!

after resting for around half an hour. i should have checked the temp just to see how much it raised while resting. too hungry!!!

thks for cking my pics!!!

Looks great Erain!!

Wow, now that is a great looking roast, cooked just right. Congrats erain.

Wow, Erain, that looks good enough to eat!
biggrin.gif
It looks like it turned out perfect. Nice job.

Erain, is "rib roast" the only name that cut of meat goes by? I've never seen it, But that is deffinitly in the smoker next time. Heck as a matter of fact I have to be honest, I'm going to copy your whole smoke, I hope you don't mind but everything you had in there made me lick my lips. Thanks soooo much for the Q' view!!

Here we have lunch from today, thought it was pic worthy. We have rewarmed roast slices, topped with some provolone cheese/ some of the onions and mushrooms from the pan which was below the roast while smoking. All on a toasted bun with some coarse ground mustard.

if you havent done a rib roast, they multi task!!!

Man have you got it down. Everything looks awsome. Points for everything.
icon_cool.gif

On Edit.
Well, I guess not!! Sorry.

Very nice looking rib roast Erain. And the sandwich looked awesome as well. Need to dig deep in my freezer and find the rib roast I know I have in their. Thanks for the inspiration!

That is a deadly 1 - 2 punch...first you draw me in with an awesome qview on the prime rib cooked to perfection with 'shrooms and onion, and then when I'm about to recover, you nail me again with a kick a$$ sammie...That's just not fair!

Points for a great smoke and a smoking hot Qview!

BBQ Eng.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky