Ref; Another Newcomer!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
Howdy from Wisconsin. The land of Mother Nature not knowing what it wants ..

I recently retired a vertical charcoal smoker I had gotten for free and ..well when I got it, it rather looked like it had been ran into at least once. Despite help from my far more mechanically inclined father, we declared it beyond recovery.

So we got a Masterbuilt 140s Adventurer series Electric Smoker and I figured I better join a larger community!

Oh, it was a Brinkmann el cheapo that I had. Garbage though. A friend's mother had major surgery ..god, I forgot how many years ago. I'd bring her food and run her to appts etc, just being helpful because my friend to be fair, was sort of a horrid daughter in this regard. She knew I liked cooking, so she told me she had it, so I took it. ... well, far as I can tell, it was basically left in her garage by a former neighbor and likely ran into. Dented, the handles were smashed sideways. The pans and grates inside had this tendency to fall in when being used. It was junk then, and only worse now.

I got my 'current' outdoor equipment in my signature.

Welcome to the site, there's allot of good info from allot of good folks to be garnered here.

Chris

Thanks gmc! I've been looking at this place on and off for a while when I wanted to read about smokers and the like. Now I plan to ask alot of weird or less then intelligent questions ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky