reading all these fine ideas has me thinking up ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

recoush

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 26, 2017
Illinois
have to season the smoker plan to do that on Saturday after i make a stable location for it :>)

Bought the Camp chef 18" smoke vault seems to be some minor issues reported here but nothing major.

one thought i had was the vents they dont close all the way top an sides.

IF you leave the top vent open anyway, and a chimney is needed to make smoke rather then a top vent?

Could i just enlarge the top vent hole to maybe 3" and add a chimney with some kind of a swing gate like use to control air flow in air conditioning vents OF course this just an idea and it is brand new.

so I know most will say WHY? but  I do tend to overthink these things and i have not yet fired it up to see how it works :>)

Also like the PID control idea but i think that is easiest by buying a propane oven gas valve with the auto ignite to maintain temperature and verify flame is on or off with the PID (of course i have no idea on what that costs is there a propane stove junk RV yard someplace,  Just over thinking here again

Getting anxious to start smoking

Recoush

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky