Quick pellet grill Sockeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zachd

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 17, 2016
Mn
Just got back from Alaska had to dip into some of the Sockeye already.

Before work did a dry brine of Salt, Garlic powder, Brown sugar and cracked black pepper.
Got home from work rinsed off the fillets and patted dry with paper towel.
Placed on a cookie sheet and turned on the ceiling fan and took a nice nap.

Woke up went outside turned on the camp chef that was loaded with alder from a previous cook. Used 220 high smoke. I stuck the salmon on right away without a preheat.

Took the fish off at about 145 degrees and served with green beans.
fish.PNG

We eat salmon at least twice a week & I only wish I could get it fresh like you guys up north!
Al

3.jpg
4.jpg
Well I had to fly 5 hours to get mine :eek:
We usually have it twice a week as well
Today I didn't have much time to make dinner so decided to do Salmon chowder.
Quickly thawed a couple pieces of salmon ( I like to use the front part of fillet for dips and soups leave the tail section for the wife so she doesn't have to pick the bones )

Just did pepper salt and onion powder
smoked at 220 on high smoke plus the AMPS going with alder as well.
Did about 2 1/2 hours shredded the salmon then did shore lunch potato soup mix added red onion corn and the salmon. mmm mm mmm

Tried to hot smoke eggs too but they didn't turn out as smokey as I like so I am going to have to the wife peel them and will cold smoke them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky