Question on seasong

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

patio cook

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Recently I learrned of a cook who uses dried porchini mushroom powder   for the first layer of his rub when smoking brisket. Although I had never heard of this powder, I did some search on the internet and found it to be rather interresting. My question is - hasanyone used this as a seasoning when smoking beef? If so - what you think?

I'm going to purchase some for my next beef/smoking project.

I have roasted beef tender loin and other things with the porchini powder. Depending on the quality of it be ready for a strong earthy flavor. I would try it on a few small things first before you put it on a full packer. Also be ready for a much darker color. We roast them and don't go for the bark effect and they get dark.
The mushroom powder if used properly can make a great enhancement to soups, sauces and other dishes that are earthy.

BTW when you open it for the first time. Be ready for a different aroma. Thought it smelled like dirt the first time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky