Probably been beat to death already but Silverbac or Daniel Boone?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WiscoTim

Original poster
Feb 19, 2021
Going to pick up my first pellet grill/smoker. Stuck between the Grilla Silverbac and the GMG Daniel Boone(Prime Plus). GMG is available semi-locally, and looks like a really well made grill, Silverbac is a touch bigger of course, and double walled. Local dealer con get me the GMG with a couple bags of pellets and a rotisserie for virtually the same price out the door as I can order the Grilla.

Leaning toward the GMG right now, like that I can get it locally, and that it has positive air pressure in the auger(seems like it would be safer). Feature wise the GMG looks like a great grill to me, however, I have heard rave reviews of the Silverbac and it is a tad bigger, possible more efficient due to double walled body.

What's the consensus on these two?

No experience with either the Grilla or GMG. I will let those with the experience chime in and I will listen in for future reference. Welcome.

Reactions: WiscoTim
Welcome. I have a DB and am pretty happy with it. It is a good choice for mid level price. I did not go with wifi. I would rec getting a tube for more smoke, use good pellets, remote therm etc. Read around here a bit and you'll get lots of tips.

and that it has positive air pressure in the auger(seems like it would be safer)

How is that different from every other pellet grill that uses a auger tube/burn pot system? They all create positive pressure in the auger, don't they? The exceptions are the grills that use pellet chute/drop systems. These are safer because you won't get burnback if the fans stops for any reason.

What is the max price you are willing to spend?

How is that different from every other pellet grill that uses a auger tube/burn pot system? They all create positive pressure in the auger, don't they? The exceptions are the grills that use pellet chute/drop systems. These are safer because you won't get burnback if the fans stops for any reason.

What is the max price you are willing to spend?
Looking at $800 max, any more would be a deal breaker with SWMBO.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky