Preparing for smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pamelap

Original poster
Feb 10, 2017
Should I marinade or just season and let thick cuts such as roasts sit in the refridgerator for a couple of days before cooking

The cuts of meat include beef roast sirloin roast and other thick cuts of beef roasts

No real need to marinade unless you just want to.  I'd rub them the night before and then smoke the next day.

Will these be smoked for chopped beef or for sliced beef?  

When i do beef roast i like to marinade. I use creole butter a lot of time but you can use whatever marinade fits the flavor you are shooting for. for sliced roast beef i like about 140-145 IT and let it rest an hour in foil. that makes it about 150ish.(the ladies in my house dont like it really pink) If i am making sandwich meat i might go 135 and let rest. I like some pink in my sammies.

Hope this Helps:

phatbac (Aaron)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky