Pork Shoulder Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Cloquet

Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
Anyone have any suggestions on smoking a pork shoulder roast? I've read a couple threads, doesn't seem too difficult. What is a preferred rub to start with? I've done yellow mustard and brown sugar and mustard and honey. Anything else out there?

Are you looking at pulling or slicing it? I keep it simple just some SPOG.

Chris

I've got to say I really like Jeff's rub for pork. I have used it a couple of times now and had very good results. I have used several rubs in the past and none have failed but pork is really good with some kind of sweetness added. I like to use a rub that is based in brown sugar. Let mw also suggest that you try injecting it with the pork injection that I posted about on Sunday for my last pork loin. It is a real winner with pork and very simple to make. It seems that letting it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours after injecting really made a lot of difference in the injection dispersing into the meat. Give it a try and then decide if you would like to use it again in the future. Thanks and enjoy.

George

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky