pork loin and smoked garlic

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richp692

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Long Island NY
Well the weather today was nicer than predicted, so I smoked today and can hit the links on Sunday. Everyone loved it. Thanx Dutch the sauce is awesome The Garlic came out excellent I hope it freezes well. Here are some pics.

nice going dude..............real nice.............

tho you ruint the plated pic for me............hehehehe

asparagus...........ACK.........i know i know ..........dark green veggies are supposed to be good for you

nice garlic.........

d8de

Looks like a fantastic meal, and asparagus is awesome ,drownded in butter and salt of-course

Great job, everything looks great, asparagus too. Not to mention the adult beverage in the nice frosty mug!

i know i know............aps are good...........i just have never been able to do the dark greens........spinach........aps..........broccili ........even califlower.........drove my mom nuts growing up.............aps are good tho.........drowned in cheese sauce..........my wife LOVES these veggies......

d8de

thats why i said 'EVEN"...........duh.........

still a veggie.............corn on the cob and bake beans.........now THATS veggies

oops, forgot the japs..........or is that politically incorrect to call em 'JAPS"

d8de

Yep ,EXACTLY what Ron said .
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Yes it is in the taters, well 1 head of it is. The rest will be vacupacked and frozen.

Thanks for the good reviews everyone. Everyone here went nuts over it; Both the loin and the taters. And just like in the forum, I got mixed reviews on the asparagus. lol

It was a whole 10 loin cut in half I used my own rub but this time I added some ground apple chips to the rub. I smoked it with apple and sugar maple at around 230-240 for 6 hours. I took it out at 165.
The smoker works great. My only problem is that at anything below 235 degrees I don't get a good burn on the wood. I am thinking about lowering the smoke box a little, to bringing it closer to the flame.

Tonight; Cuban sammies with some of the leftovers.

Very nice, extra credit for presentation.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I'm curious to know if freezing the garlic worked or not. Have you had a chance to thaw any out and try it yet?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky