Pork belly slices

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kpb46

Original poster
Sep 19, 2017
Tried the pork belly slices recipe. Says to smoke @225 for 90 minutes to reach 205. It took me about 4.5 hours to reach 205. Using a Pitboss Pro. Any ideas?

Reactions: JLinza and JLeonard
No remote thermometer but the factory sensor is right at grate level. Next time I’ll use my MEATER.
Thanks

You might be surprised. I’ve yet to see a factory setting be the actual temp. It’s part of learning to drive your pit. You probably have hot spots too. I never trust the digital read out I only use that as a guide and have learned that you may have to set the digital to 250* to have grate temps at 225* as an example.

Reactions: JLinza
Clean your temp sensor/probe. I need to clean mine and re-calibrate. Last time I calibrated I had to adjust my setting WAAAYYYYY down before 225 on the readout was even close to 225 in the smoker. The side closest to the vent is an easy 10-15 degrees hotter than the other side, so when I do 2 pieces of meat I rotate them at least once.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky