planing to build a reverse flow in australia (virgin build)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Now ive got the legs welded on and fire wood rack. Starting to look like a smoker i think. And no thats not a 2 inch stack. I need the stack removeable so the stack just drops into place

Turned it upside down for the last time... to finish of some welds. Just got a few more little bits to do (maybe another weeks work lol) then ill get it blasted naked and ready for the paint shots

Looks great!! Just out of curiosity how are you flipping it? I figure my firebox will be somewhere in the 250 pound range, not sure how I'll be moving mine around during the build.

Kyle

Looks great!! Just out of curiosity how are you flipping it? I figure my firebox will be somewhere in the 250 pound range, not sure how I'll be moving mine around during the build.

Kyle

Ive got a lug welded at the opposite end of the fire box. I pick it up with the crane and it hangs vertical. I can use the crane to pull it over to about 45 degrees then i use another crane slung around the axel under the fb to both lift at the same time

I just made a simple rack to store firewood on under the smoker. Should also help warm up the wood closer to fire box to allow for quicker ignition. Its just angle with the heal up and it removes in one piece

Iam folling you isaac as we have simular size smokers. I cant wait to see the brisket... dont set the bar to high for me haha

Very nice hinges....  great design..... 
icon14.gif
.....    I'll bet you could sell them.....

Very nice hinges....  great design.....  Thumbs Up .....    I'll bet you could sell them.....

Thanx dave. Would u belive i actully took about 4 hrs to come up with the design. I done a layout so i could get the proportioning right. Then i wasnt sure how it was going to work with the door seal so i made a scale carboard template and sure enough it worked. Just a little bit of messing around as i dont have cad so i had to make sure my hand drawn sketches were right before i sent them to laser cutting.

Also you probably noticed i used a bolt as the hinge pin. This is just temporary.

And if you liked my hinges wait untill you see my door seal ( pics still to come )

Here is the before and after shot. Gap and no gap. Iam holding a rolled steel template thats rolled to the radius of the cc. And the next pic is how i did it

I just need to take the camber out the door. So i used a piece of ply in the rollers to roll the radius tighter in the center which gave me a dead straight edge.. i played with the door for a long time its embarrassing too say how long. Its far from perfect but it will do

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky