Pin Cherry curing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbili

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Hello all hope everyone had a nice weekend. It was nice to finalllyyy get some much needed rain here in sunny NJ

I have a pin cherry tree in my backyard that we recently trimmed. I filled a garbage can with 2 -3 foot pieces of 2" to 3" thick pin cherry limbs.

How long will it take for this wood to cure and do I need to take the bark off before I chop it up further for use in our WSM smoker.

Also how big pieces are the best to use in the smoker. We normally buy the wood chips from Home Depot and use hickory and/or applewood

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe, from what you described , about 4 mos. to cure . Yes , any fruit wood is good. Your sizing is good for your smoker .

Cherry is great on Ribs.
drool.gif

Later . . .

Thanks

And is it all right to leave the bark on ?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky