Pickled Kielbasa Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Richie, I have a dumb question that is probably known by everyone except me.      Are the Polish sausages smoked and completely cooked before pickling?       What size casings did you use for the pickled sausage?      I looks delicious and I'm going to give it a try in the next couple of weeks.

Looks literally amazing! Nice job.

I am interested in this and have never done it.

What does it taste like? I am thinking the pickling overwhelms the kielbasa, but probably not.

You've got me thinkin now Richie!

Richie, I have a dumb question that is probably known by everyone except me.      Are the Polish sausages smoked and completely cooked before pickling?       What size casings did you use for the pickled sausage?      I looks delicious and I'm going to give it a try in the next couple of weeks.
I used hog casing on some and the ones for pickling I used sheep.I was very happy with them.You have to smoke them fully cooked.I think next time I will pickle the bigger ones more meat.Thanks for the nice comments

Richie

Looks literally amazing! Nice job.

I am interested in this and have never done it.

What does it taste like? I am thinking the pickling overwhelms the kielbasa, but probably not.

You've got me thinkin now Richie!
red you can taste the Kielbasi no flavor is lost 

Richie

Richie,I have a cold beer going and the only thing i'm missing is a few of your pickled sausages ! 
points.gif

Richie,I have a cold beer going and the only thing i'm missing is a few of your pickled sausages ! 
points.gif
CM I had to put them down stairs,trying to save some.Don't think it is working but I am getting exercise Thanks for the point I appreciate it

Richie

Recipe for the brine

Pickled Sausage

1 1/2 Cups Cider Vinegar
  1 1/2 Cups White Vinegar
  1  Cup Bottled Water

1 Tbspn Salt ( non iodized )
  3 Tbspn Sugar
  1 1/2 Tbspn Pickling Spice

Sausage must be FULLY COOKED             

Bring mixture to a boil,turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Let cool fill jars with your sausage,I add a dry hot pepper to each jar,pour cooled brine over them and refrigerate.

Mixture is enough for 2 quarts with some extra!!

Taste it to see if you want sweeter!!

Richie

sausage.gif

yahoo.gif
  Great job boy it sure is getting to be a problem with all these recipes the old man may not make it long enough to try them all the list is growing every day with things like this. Some one made the remark of their younger days in the bars and that really brings back the memories. Not much of a bar person today but remember the pickle sausage, picked eggs , pigs feet and hocks. From my now few trips to a bar you don't see any of this stuff. Points for the memories and a great job.

Recipe for the brine

Pickled Sausage

1 1/2 Cups Cider Vinegar
  1 1/2 Cups White Vinegar
  1  Cup Bottled Water

1 Tbspn Salt ( non iodized )
  3 Tbspn Sugar
  1 1/2 Tbspn Pickling Spice

Sausage must be FULLY COOKED             

Bring mixture to a boil,turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Let cool fill jars with your sausage,I add a dry hot pepper to each jar,pour cooled brine over them and refrigerate.

Mixture is enough for 2 quarts with some extra!!

Taste it to see if you want sweeter!!

Richie
Thanks Richie
sausage.gif

sausage.gif

yahoo.gif
  Great job boy it sure is getting to be a problem with all these recipes the old man may not make it long enough to try them all the list is growing every day with things like this. Some one made the remark of their younger days in the bars and that really brings back the memories. Not much of a bar person today but remember the pickle sausage, picked eggs , pigs feet and hocks. From my now few trips to a bar you don't see any of this stuff. Points for the memories and a great job.
HS Their are a few of us old folk on here, LOL I think Krakus use to make them in the jar.Pickled eggs I made 10 doz. or more last year they are almost gone.Thanks for the point I appreciate it 

Richie

Just now saw this! I haven't made stix yet, but now I know I have to!
Too many questions come to mind, but I'll just ask two. Do you put the sausage & brine in the jars hot as with most canning and let the cooling seal it? Will it work with collagen casings?
It looks wonderful!

:points:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky