Peanut Butter & Jalapeno Jelly Party Wings......come on Y'all think outside the "smoking box"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinvegasbaby

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jul 23, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
A couple of days ago I was in the mood for some chicken wings.  I thought to myself....."Josie, it's 113 outside (in the friggin shade) and it's too dang HOT to be standing outside cooking anything!" So I decided to keep my behind inside my nice air-conditioned COOL house and make me some chicken wings IN THE OVEN. I've been playing around with this recipe for some time and I had to share it with my SMF buddies.  So here goes -  "Josie's Peanut Butter & Homemade Jalapeno Jelly Party Wings."  Don't think old Josie has lost her ever loving mind!  These wings are really tasty - so think outside your "smoking box" and give them a try.................you just might love them!  You can thank me later lol... Go to this link  for step-by-step instructions. Here's my "wings-view"

Nothing but love & hugs to ALL my buddies at SMF

Josie aka SmokinVegasBaby

Nice!!  Thinking outside the box is always a good thing.  I am going to give these a try as they sound tasty!!

It's pushing 78F here in San Diego LOL 
hit.gif

Scott

awww come on maaaan! you had to go there about the weather in San Diego.....now you know that's wrong PadronMan
hissyfit.gif
 lol

Anyway, glad you are "thinking outside the smoker box" those wings really are tasty.  I'm Smoking Raspberry Glazed Chicken wings and legs today.  It's cooler today than it was yesterday - today's high is only going to be 106 degrees.  Will have to make myself extra Mojito's...............that should keep me cool.

beercheer.gif

Josie aka SmokinVegasBaby

Looks great!...JJ

Sounds good Josie. Will give this a try for sure. I've used our pepper jelly as a glaze before but never thought about adding peanut butter! Points to you for smoking outside the box!

awww come on maaaan! you had to go there about the weather in San Diego.....now you know that's wrong PadronMan
hissyfit.gif
 lol

Anyway, glad you are "thinking outside the smoker box" those wings really are tasty.  I'm Smoking Raspberry Glazed Chicken wings and legs today.  It's cooler today than it was yesterday - today's high is only going to be 106 degrees.  Will have to make myself extra Mojito's...............that should keep me cool.

beercheer.gif

Josie aka SmokinVegasBaby
Hey It's miserable here too.....I have to put up with this damn ocean breeze making everything all nice!!!   Sorry couldn't resist
pot.gif

Mmmmmm loves me a Mojito!!!  Enjoy

Scott

Yeah right Scott - I know how miserable it is putting up with that nice ocean breeze lol......I hear that from all my family that lives there - they like to rub it in also.  I'll be thinking about ya when I start on my ice cold Mojito's with fresh squeezed lime - heck I might have two for ya!

banana_smiley.gif
 who knew pepper jelly could be used so many different ways.  I too like to use it as a glaze on my ribs................Yummilicious!

Happy Thursday,

Josie

tee-hee YUP I had to lol at that myself...............guess I was trying to prove a point that you really need to kill those chicken cooties!

Gunner.gif

OK Josie........I'm in on this one. Since I'm out of wings, I will use thigh's.......and my homemade habanero jelly. I'm getting hungry now......

Thanks,

Brad

Peanut Butter and HOMEMADE habanero jelly sounds delish.  That's going to be awesome with those chicken thighs! What time is dinner? lol 
grilling_smilie.gif

Josie

Will definitely have a 3rd Mojito! The weather station lied about the temp - it's a 111 degrees outside not 106 as predicted. Will work at my desk until my bird is done!
That's the way you do IT!!!   I am gonna make myself a nice Margarita in a few minutes when my daughter and her friends get in the pool.

Scott

A couple of days ago I was in the mood for some chicken wings.  I thought to myself....."Josie, it's 113 outside (in the friggin shade) and it's too dang HOT to be standing outside cooking anything!" So I decided to keep my behind inside my nice air-conditioned COOL house and make me some chicken wings IN THE OVEN. I've been playing around with this recipe for some time and I had to share it with my SMF buddies.  So here goes -  "Josie's Peanut Butter & Homemade Jalapeno Jelly Party Wings."  Don't think old Josie has lost her ever loving mind!  These wings are really tasty - so think outside your "smoking box" and give them a try.................you just might love them!  You can thank me later lol... Go to this link  for step-by-step instructions. Here's my "wings-view"

Nothing but love & hugs to ALL my buddies at SMFeer

Josie aka SmokinVegasBaby

Alright my friend.... Now these look so dang tasty I just can't stand it ! I'am for sure making up a batch of these.... Oh yeah ! :biggrin: Thanks for the recipe & for thinking outside the box ..... You go girl ! :thumb1 copy:

:points1:

You take care my friend..... :beercheer:

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky