Patiently Waiting, first go with the new stuffer!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thats what everyone else said too!

"I am just smoking pig bellies. I can quit anytime I want."
"Its just an old tamale pot, what can it hurt?"
"5lbs is perfect for me, I'll never do a single type more than that.

Add another junkie to the list.

Nope no problem here. Now let's see which smoker should I use tomorrow...

Last edited:
Nice sausages DS........ Great spending time with your son..... I miss those days when dad was #1... now I'm like #5 or #6.... I'm #1 when he wants money...lol

Reactions: foamheart
Nice sausages DS........ Great spending time with your son..... I miss those days when dad was #1... now I'm like #5 or #6.... I'm #1 when he wants money...lol

Thank you! I get that from his older brother! Hopefully I can keep this little guy entertained for a few more years!

Well a bit more on the Summer sausage failure. I did some examining of the area where I had the summer sausage box stored. We have op[en rafters in the garage, no drywall of sheeting. It appears that a bird nested right above that area and the droppings from the nest building and living is what got to the casings. My fault for not keeping them stored properly. My son was the one that grabbed them and didn't know that the mess around/partially in the box was an issue. Well everything is stored properly now. All in animal proof totes (well not bear proof) now and protected. Pretty dumb as I had all my other stuff stored away properly. So lesson learned. Back to business as normal!

Hey DS, sorry to hear about the birds. Good looking stuff  Nice indeed    I have the same white tub (noticed the name on the side)

Good Job

Gary

Oh, and a fine looking helper you have 

Gary

Oh, and a fine looking helper you have 

Gary
Thanks Gary! He's a great helper in the kitchen for sure. He was pretty proud of his endeavors. He had to take some of the pepperoni sticks and the foccacia bread he made the night before to Grandmas to share and show off what he made!

No little helpers for me, grand kids from 23 to 18 months,  All the Grand kids want to do is eat

Gary

No little helpers for me, grand kids from 23 to 18 months,  All the Grand kids want to do is eat

Gary

Start them young my little guy wanted to help about the time he turned 3. Gave him a knife and an apron and let him go at it!

Well a bit more on the Summer sausage failure. I did some examining of the area where I had the summer sausage box stored. We have op[en rafters in the garage, no drywall of sheeting. It appears that a bird nested right above that area and the droppings from the nest building and living is what got to the casings. My fault for not keeping them stored properly. My son was the one that grabbed them and didn't know that the mess around/partially in the box was an issue. Well everything is stored properly now. All in animal proof totes (well not bear proof) now and protected. Pretty dumb as I had all my other stuff stored away properly. So lesson learned. Back to business as normal!
Tip:  I can tell you for sure----"No meat is Bear Proof !!"

Bear

Tip:  I can tell you for sure----"No meat is Bear Proof !!"

Bear
Ha! I figure I'm pretty safe since you're 2,700 miles away and there's no Bears in my neighborhood!

When I lived at the coast I had Black Bears that would come into the yard occasionally.  There were two Bald eagles that nested in a big fir tree next to my garage. During the later spring months the sea bass come up to the surface and feed on the crab zoea (larva). You'll have acres upon acres of sea bass flipping all over the surface. Perfect pickings for the eagles to snatch up and take to the eaglets in the nest. When they are done eating the fish and wanting to keep a clean nest they kick the carcasses out of the nest. In my case these landed all around my garage and driveway, typically when I wasn't around during the day. Never would forget the first time I came home I saw all these sea bass carcases all over my driveway. Thought my fishing buddies were playing a joke on me. A day or so later I caught one of the eagles in the act of pitching out the trash!  Anyways, this attracted the black bears looking for an easy snack after sleeping all winter!

Ha! I figure I'm pretty safe since you're 2,700 miles away and there's no Bears in my neighborhood!

When I lived at the coast I had Black Bears that would come into the yard occasionally.  There were two Bald eagles that nested in a big fir tree next to my garage. During the later spring months the sea bass come up to the surface and feed on the crab zoea (larva). You'll have acres upon acres of sea bass flipping all over the surface. Perfect pickings for the eagles to snatch up and take to the eaglets in the nest. When they are done eating the fish and wanting to keep a clean nest they kick the carcasses out of the nest. In my case these landed all around my garage and driveway, typically when I wasn't around during the day. Never would forget the first time I came home I saw all these sea bass carcases all over my driveway. Thought my fishing buddies were playing a joke on me. A day or so later I caught one of the eagles in the act of pitching out the trash!  Anyways, this attracted the black bears looking for an easy snack after sleeping all winter!
Yup---Black Bears get a little too friendly when food is involved !!
eek.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky