Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No    White smoke is Not what you want ,  You want a Thin Blue Smoke 

Gary

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and has given me some confidence to attempt my first major chunk of beef soon.
Love comin back to this and seein people still commenting. Give it a try and come back with some pics! What kind of smoker do you have?

I have a bespoke vertical offset smoker
Nice setup. If you havent gotten to know your smoker yet Id suggest starting with a pork shoulder or some chicken. Theyre more forgiving of temp swings and are much much cheaper than brisket these days. Good luck!

Smoked myself some pork spare ribs and pork roast yesterday.  Not too bad for my first attempt at smoking, a lot of lessons to be learn but a few positives to take as well.

I'm gonna give the brisket a go tomorrow.

Smoked myself some pork spare ribs and pork roast yesterday.  Not too bad for my first attempt at smoking, a lot of lessons to be learn but a few positives to take as well.

I'm gonna give the brisket a go tomorrow.
Sweet, post some pics along the way. Whats the brisket weigh? How much is it per pound in Australia? Curious

Smoked my First chickens on Saturday to get the temperature up.

Then I put on two Boston Butts for the Super Bowl.  These went on at Midnight, and I just took them off at 8:00 am this morning.

I am really impressed with the smoker I built.  Keeping the temperature at 250 is very consistent.  I only need the air vent open about 1/4 inch, and I feed it 2 logs every 2 hours.

I bought the Chicken at Restaurant Depot.  Awesome place and great prices.  I bought 40#'s, at $0.42/lb.

The Butts are cooling right now, tented in foil.  When I pull them apart, I'll add some more pictures.

These where smoked Fat side Up

Great Job, Looks Terrific   Nice color

gary

OK.  Here's one of the two butts I smoked this morning.

Oh man,does the bark taste Awesome!!

Man does that look good, Great Job      
points1.png

Gary

Aaron Franklin's You Tube videos on slicing brisket are quite helpful. He points out that the grain in the flat and point sections of a brisket are running in different directions and that one must take that into account when slicing across the grains.

Nice , keep the pictures coming 

Gary

Smoked my First chickens on Saturday to get the temperature up.

Then I put on two Boston Butts for the Super Bowl.  These went on at Midnight, and I just took them off at 8:00 am this morning.

I am really impressed with the smoker I built.  Keeping the temperature at 250 is very consistent.  I only need the air vent open about 1/4 inch, and I feed it 2 logs every 2 hours.

I bought the Chicken at Restaurant Depot.  Awesome place and great prices.  I bought 40#'s, at $0.42/lb.

The Butts are cooling right now, tented in foil.  When I pull them apart, I'll add some more pictures.

These where smoked Fat side Up
Nice lookin grub you got there. Need some more pics and info on that smoker you built!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky