Oklahoma onion smash burgers ala @indaswamp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well got some chuck laid out and it wont be as good as yours , going to pull a brisket out of the freezer for some this weekend though, griddles are great no matter the size.

Reactions: SmokinAl
Some fantastic looking burgers Al. As much as Tracy loves a good burger, and we are about due, I'll very likely be smashing a couple here real soon. Thanks for posting and giving the reminder of Keith's thread. I'd forgotten about them till now but have every intention of doing these.

Robert

Looks awesome Al but did Judy get mad at you she would have me because as good as that looked I'd have run off with it and not shared is that what you did :emoji_laughing:

Great looking burgers Al! Since Keiths thread and a few youtube videos, I had no idea that Oklahoma onion burgers existed. Now after your thread, there’s are on the short list to get made.

Looks sooooo goooood!! Love a lot of onions on my burger.... and cheeeeeseeee!!!
Yea, onions & cheese!
Thank you!
Al
Al, please pass along to Judy that she makes a delicious looking smash burger.

Stu
Will do Stu, but I think she already knows it. I have to get her a real smash burger press!
Al
Looks great!

Great looking smasher Al.
Thanks guy’s
Al
Well got some chuck laid out and it wont be as good as yours , going to pull a brisket out of the freezer for some this weekend though, griddles are great no matter the size.
Oh I bet your chuck will be great, Mike!
With smash burgers, it’s all about the crust!
Al
Some fantastic looking burgers Al. As much as Tracy loves a good burger, and we are about due, I'll very likely be smashing a couple here real soon. Thanks for posting and giving the reminder of Keith's thread. I'd forgotten about them till now but have every intention of doing these.

Robert
Thanks Robert, knowing you, I can’t wait to see your burgers!
Al
That looks tasty Al! Or maybe I should say Judy... either way!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan!
Judy should be posting on here, she’d be a hit for sure!
Al
Looks awesome Al but did Judy get mad at you she would have me because as good as that looked I'd have run off with it and not shared is that what you did :emoji_laughing:
No, piney, I was a gentleman & only ate 3/4 of it:emoji_blush:
Al
That's a mighty tasting looking burger Al.

Rob
Thanks Rob, and it was!
Al
Great looking burgers Al! Since Keiths thread and a few youtube videos, I had no idea that Oklahoma onion burgers existed. Now after your thread, there’s are on the short list to get made.
Thanks, but the same thing here. No idea about them, but gonna be eating a bunch of them from now on!
Al

Reactions: indaswamp
Al that is a beautiful thing right there! I mean that is as close to a perfected smash as can get!

After seeing all the smash burgers on here, we had to do the onion one Keith did. Sorry not many photo’s.
Judy wanted to make them, so she decided to just make one big one for both of us to share. Had some ground brisket in the freezer, so here we go.

View attachment 657840

We didn’t have a big press, so we improvised!

View attachment 657841

Looking good so far.

View attachment 657844

Now the flip!

View attachment 657842

And finally add the cheese.

View attachment 657843

And that is the last photo I got.
We have to get the flat top fired up & have some neighbors over for smash burgers.
So easy, but so good!
Thanks for stopping by folks!
Al
Man oh man Al. Looks delicious, can’t wait until Spring and I can get the Blackstone going again.

That looks terrific Al! Being from Oklahoma, around here we just call 'em onion smash burgers! :emoji_wink::emoji_sunglasses:

Red

Holy #%@!!!!! Those pics with all those beautiful onions on the burgers has me drooling!!
Thanks fellas!
Al
A small flat bottom CI skillet works very well for a smashburger press.
That is exactly what we used last night. Covered the bottom with foil & it worked perfectly.
Al
Al that is a beautiful thing right there! I mean that is as close to a perfected smash as can get!
Thanks Buddy!
Al
I use a metal spatula, which is somewhat flexible, but I push down hard on the center of the spatula with a meat tenderizing mallet.

It does a great job, with tools I had readily at hand.
We did that too, but so far the small CI pan has worked the best. Did that last night!
Al
Perfect Al!

Blackstone Betty would be proud of you!

John

Man oh man Al. Looks delicious, can’t wait until Spring and I can get the Blackstone going again.

Man! Gotta love the Smashburgers and that was beautiful!!!!!
Thanks fellas!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky