Oh man the new GOSM is finally here!!!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by brentman0110, Jun 8, 2008.

1. brentman0110

brentman0110 Meat Mopper

Happily took possession of my new GOSM big block yesterday!! I seasoned that fella' and today and experimenting.

First, I have some spare ribs that I picked up at Wal-Mart for 1.49 per lb. I rubbed them in French’s mustard and:

Brown Sugar
    Sea Salt
    Coarse Ground Black Pepper
    Chili powder
    Garlic powder
    Onion powder

Gonna use the 3-2-1 method.

Next, I have really went out on a limb and experimented. I truly love fatties, but had a thought...try hamburger instead of sausage. Well, expertly, my loving wife had to quip, “Isn’t that just a meatloaf?" Well, not wanting to admit that she was essentially right, I responded, "No baby, meatloaf has ketchup and stuff, what I want to make is a bacon cheeseburger fattie, so obviously there is a difference." I once again went out on a limb and told her that no one else has made one of these before, so, as far as she knows, I am now the inventor of Brent's hickory BCB fattie! If anyone else has done this before, forgive me, but I could not let her win that argument.

Anyway, the first one is prepared as a normal fatty and is 1lb 75/25 burger filled with Mozz and chedd cheese, seasoned with pepper, salt, garlic and chopped onion. Rolled and then wrapped in bacon.

The second one is where I really went nuts, I took 1.5 lbs of the 75/25 burger, and in a mixing bowl threw in mozz and chedd cheese, Jack Daniels steak and burger seasoning, chopped onion, salt and pepper, cut up bacon and finally some original allegro marinade. Mixed it all together, like a meatloaf, and rolled her up!

Man, I cannot believe I waited so long to get my GOSM!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks good so far, need to see them ribs, and a cross section of your cheeseburger fatty. Great to see that you have control of the household![​IMG]

3. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

What Capt Dan said.

4. brentman0110

brentman0110 Meat Mopper

Yeah, next time, I will probably trim them St. Louis style...I just found out about this today...

5. ron50

ron50 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NY
    Sounds great, I love when someone is thinking outside of the box.

Moderator points to you.

6. brentman0110

brentman0110 Meat Mopper

Ok, 2 hours into the smoke (hickory apple mix) and the fatties are done.

The second pic is both the mixed and traditional (with hamburger) and the third is the mixed fatty cut, the one my wife still calles the meatloaf, and the fourth pic is both with the BCB fatty in the back. Look at that chessy goodness! Man, both are awesome!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Good lookin fatty.

8. brentman0110

brentman0110 Meat Mopper

Yeah, it tastes great! Gonna take off the spares and foil them in 30 minutes...

9. brentman0110

brentman0110 Meat Mopper

Whats left of the fatties and the spares being foiled on the 2 side of the 3-2-1 method.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wtg Brent. awesome smoke.

11. jtribout

jtribout Meat Mopper

Super lookin grub! Way to go. [​IMG]

It also sounds like you'd be one hell of a wingman lol [​IMG]

12. brentman0110

brentman0110 Meat Mopper

Anytime brother!!

13. jtribout

jtribout Meat Mopper

You are now #1 on speed dial.

14. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

lookin good brent, u gunna luv that gosm. great qview

15. brentman0110

brentman0110 Meat Mopper

Yes sir! I already love it an I cannot wait for next weekend!

16. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very nice job, and I guess you showed her. That CB fatty looks awesome![​IMG]

17. brentman0110

brentman0110 Meat Mopper

Well, let me tell you, she told me that she would eat my hamburger fatties 10 times before the pork ones. Hmmm...I think I have made a convert! Well, she has never been a pork person, so, I am glad that she likes the beef ones!!!

18. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks great Brent nice job and congrats on the GOSM [​IMG]

19. brentman0110

brentman0110 Meat Mopper

Ok ya'll. Here is the final pic and one you hardly ever see....the mess afterwords...
    [​IMG]

20. blacklab

blacklab Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Good save on the meat loaf I mean fatty [​IMG] It all looks great [​IMG]

BTW I love your AVATAR [​IMG]