Offset smoker for under $350

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So I was gonna be getting an old country wrangler smoker In the next month or two. I say was because when I went on their site recently it was no longer listed and I think they don't make it anymore.

I don't see it on the academy site either, but they may have some in store, if there is one near you. If not, the Pecos is still there, it's bigger but has a bit thinner metal, and it's $100 less. I'd go with that one if I couldn't get the wrangler. The Wrangler was just too small for me, you would do just fine with the Pecos.

I really like the Wrangler for several reasons. Thicker steel, no leaks, maintains temp. better than cheap stuff. I have found a way to smoke summer sausage, pepperoni, etc. without laying it on a rack. Take out the lower rack, use "S" hooks to hang from the upper rack. It will easily hold 12-15 one pound sausages without them touching the water pan or tuning plate. Half way thru the cook, I reverse the sausage just so it cooks evenly. That does require a string loop on each end but that ain't no big deal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky