Official SMF N. FL Gathering -- April 13th 14th and 15th 2012

Discussion in 'Events' started by pineywoods, Nov 3, 2011.

1. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

How many people do we have that will want a hotel room????????? I think we can get a discount at the Hampton Inn that TulsaJeff stayed at last year but I need an idea of how many rooms we'll need then I can get the price and post it. The hotel is not very old and Jeff said the rooms were very clean.

2. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I would much rather get a room than a tent.

3. solaryellow

solaryellow Limited Mod Group Lead

We don't bring the fun out until the hotel people leave in the evening.

4. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Sandy wants to camp.   LOL.  My birthday is Saturday and my old ass better have a airbed!  LOL

5. solaryellow

solaryellow Limited Mod Group Lead

Do you like apple pie Rick? And long chats about Jesus?

6. I am retired and don't have to worry about getting off from work this year [​IMG]  COUNT ME AND MY WIFE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. tulsajeff

tulsajeff Master of the Pit Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member

My wife used to camp with me.. then I took her to Ocracoke island a few years back and we stayed in a tent and got eat up with mosquitoes. Now she won't even think about it.

I probably shouldn't have done that[​IMG]

Needless to say, we'll be at the hotel again this year.

8. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Jerry

Count me in for the hotel also.

9. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

[​IMG]

10. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I am trying to organize a business trip to the USA around April and the aim is to be there at the Gathering  but need a hotel room ,and i cant bring any food from here to the USA they will arrest me at the customs.

so i think i am in.

11. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Ahron I sure hope it works out that you can make it and look forward to meeting you. The hotel room shouldn't be any problem at all as soon as we find out about how many people will be staying at the Hampton Inn I'll get back with the owner and get a firm price and what words need to be used when making reservations to get the discount. Don't worry about food we'll have plenty of that.

12. fife

fife Master of the Pit

The wife and I will be making the trip to come and spend some time this year. So we look forward to seeing everyone. We just may stay over night.

13. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Br good to see Y'all again. I'll believe the overnight when i see it LOL

14. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

I think we will have a hands down winner for the farthest traveled to get there this year if Ahron makes it to Jerrys.

15. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

I agree eman......   maybe some members from Japan might want to try to top ahron....................[​IMG]

Joe

16. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Apple pie right up my ally!  I won't joke about Jesus.  I am going to be in a tent and would like to avoid lightning bolts, thank you very much. 

17. tulsajeff

tulsajeff Master of the Pit Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member

Ahron, I look forward to meeting you at the gathering. I sure hope it works out! There will be plenty of food available as anyone can tell you that was there last year.. just bring a good appetite!

18. pineywoods

It'll be good to see y'all and I would suggest staying the night you'll be far too full to drive far [​IMG]

19. handsonfire

handsonfire Fire Starter

Wife and I will be coming from Pensacola, staying at hotel (according to her). A pair of Noobs .. so what's traditional to bring? What to expect, etc..

/r Steve

20. pineywoods

Steve glad y'all are going to join us. You'll find that I updated the first post of this thread to give the Hotel info. A couple of our members including the boss stayed at this Hotel last year and said it was nice and very clean. We're working on more stuff about the happenings that weekend and I'll post it into that first thread as we get the info nailed down.

As for what to bring please bring lawn chairs for yourselves and whatever you want to drink. Also bring a big appetite cause your gonna need it [​IMG]

I'll Pm you directions shortly