Off-site Links - Please Read

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Posting links to other websites or forums is not allowed under most circumstances. If the link is really, really helpful in answering the question and cannot be found anywhere on SMF, then it is ok to post it.

Hope this helps

Joe

Ok, I just gotta ask this... I've posted links to like Amazon when someone is lookin for a smoker (like an MES) or a good deal on a starter smoker ! Is this wrong ? If it is, my apologies & I won't do it anymore.... Just wanting to know !

Moderators/admin monitor the off site links. If a moderator/Admin deems the link to be inappropriate and not comply with the user guidelines they will ask the member to remove the link or we will remove it.  We report the post and send the OP a PM of the off site link. 

Joe

Important info...JJ

Ok, I just gotta ask this... I've posted links to like Amazon when someone is lookin for a smoker (like an MES) or a good deal on a starter smoker ! Is this wrong ? If it is, my apologies & I won't do it anymore.... Just wanting to know !
I have the exact same question. Amazon is the site I see links to the most. People want to know about good products and that is usually the best place to find them. I know I am guilty of it in the past. I guess the reason I thought Amazon was okay is that I see their ads in the side panel all the time so I thought they might be a sponsor of sorts. I too will stop posting Amazon links if this is not acceptable. Like others have said, "Your house, your rules." I'm just glad to be here and learning lots of new stuff! Thanks

I have the exact same question. Amazon is the site I see links to the most. People want to know about good products and that is usually the best place to find them. I know I am guilty of it in the past. I guess the reason I thought Amazon was okay is that I see their ads in the side panel all the time so I thought they might be a sponsor of sorts. I too will stop posting Amazon links if this is not acceptable. Like others have said, "Your house, your rules." I'm just glad to be here and learning lots of new stuff! Thanks
 the adds you see are fishing, they are on your computer - so everyone who sees adds on this site see a different one - they are mostly what you have searched on your computer.

t

the adds you see are fishing, they are on your computer - so everyone who sees adds on this site see a different one - they are mostly what you have searched on your computer.

t
Yeah I should have figured that. Thanks

Ignoring the ads though, lots of people post links to Amazon products so that is why I really want to know if they are okay. I just want to make sure I am not doing something Jeff and the mods don't want on here.

Yeah I should have figured that. Thanks

Ignoring the ads though, lots of people post links to Amazon products so that is why I really want to know if they are okay. I just want to make sure I am not doing something Jeff and the mods don't want on here.

This question has been asked several times without a direct answer. How about it, TulsaJeff TulsaJeff , is it allowed or not?

68.gif

True, but Jeff has made the decision to allow the ads on the site.  At any rate, I apologize of posting any links.  Sort of strict, but I understand it is really hard to monitor on protect against!  You just need one bad link to mess up someones day and experience here on this great site.

Ken

IMHO this rule is applied unevenly at best and at times in the past so heavy handedly that I was not allowed to start a fantasy football league for SMF members, even though I posted no links at all.
icon13.gif

Reactions: floridasteve
Bump again.

See a lot of links that aren't needed.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky