October THROWDOWN................

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So much Sausage...So many different combinations.....its going to be hard to choose what to do.  In the rules it does not say anything about multiple entries.  Can we enter more than one?

One entry is 1 picture but in the picture you can have more than 1 plate

Good point. If you are new to the throwdowns please read the rules. You need to make sure you include the code word in the picture of your entry.
it ok Jeff can read lol just kidding I have been waiting for td since I got here can't wait guess the family is eating lots of sausage this month gotta get it right lol. Good luck everyone

all the newbies need to be taught about the codeword!

I never made a sausage but i know how to buy one

happy to see these throwdowns back!

Got a question about the rules ---   I am making some smoked sausage and would like to post the photos of the process tomorrow. Can I enter the throwdown using the sausage I made in a different dish  such as gumbo or anything else i might think of doing. I would not use any photos that were previously posted , only a photo of the dish I make using the sausage ???????????

Got a question about the rules ---   I am making some smoked sausage and would like to post the photos of the process tomorrow. Can I enter the throwdown using the sausage I made in a different dish  such as gumbo or anything else i might think of doing. I would not use any photos that were previously posted , only a photo of the dish I make using the sausage ???????????

Yes you can as long as the picture you put up about the process isn't one used for your entry.

I feel a gumbo coming on. in.

Can't make Gumbo if you ain't in Louisiana!   I just picked up 5 lbs of some of the best andoullie ever for my gumbo. How come spell check doesn't recognize andoullie?   Show us some Q-view of your Gumbo!!!!!!

I am excited to see these getting started up again.. sausage is an excellent category and it should be interested to see what folks come up with!

been consulting with the sausage queen here but cant decide what to make!

58bfe5fd_imagesCACK46ES.jpg

Sorry everyone.... Been saving this for a long time....... looks like I am gonna have to open it..............

d0ee10cd_whoopass.jpg

Joe

Brian just for clarification since it wasn't mentioned, does the sausage have to be homemade or can they use store bought sausage since not all our members make their own sausage?

Having to use homemade would eliminate some of the non sausage makers so just figured I would ask you for your take.

There are no limitations of what you can do. It can be anything as long as it has sausage in it. It can be homemade sausage or store bought.

Brian just for clarification since it wasn't mentioned, does the sausage have to be homemade or can they use store bought sausage since not all our members make their own sausage?

Having to use homemade would eliminate some of the non sausage makers so just figured I would ask you for your take.

Paul,

In the description it says it can me homemade or store bought. I didn't want to make it so that only some could do the throwdown. Thanks for asking as im sure others missed that detail as well.

Brian

Too bad you didn't change the plating rule LAST October.
ROTF.gif

That was the best Throwdown I ever got DQ'd from. I'm going to make it a yearly thing to make the 5 ft. snake fattie. Twas a fun day. Glad to see you guys bring the TD's back. Way to go!!!

I also think there was something about not giving away what you are doing or even mentioning that you were entering.

Oh man this sounds fun. My mom makes her home made Isan sausages, I may have to smoke them, and make a curry. =D

Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't have given that away. LOL

Too bad you didn't change the plating rule LAST October.
ROTF.gif

That was the best Throwdown I ever got DQ'd from. I'm going to make it a yearly thing to make the 5 ft. snake fattie. Twas a fun day. Glad to see you guys bring the TD's back. Way to go!!!
That was a truely awesome entry you did Cheryl! But you getting DQ'd was the only reason anybody else stood a chance.... lol! Still say you should have won simply because of awesomeness... lol.

That was a truely awesome entry you did Cheryl! But you getting DQ'd was the only reason anybody else stood a chance.... lol! Still say you should have won simply because of awesomeness... lol.
Thanks Johnny! Yea man, I had a blast. That was also the first time I did such a detailed carved pumpkin. Gonna try something again this year too. I'm gonna have to get a bigger smoker if I want to make a 6 ft. fattie.

Thanks Johnny! Yea man, I had a blast. That was also the first time I did such a detailed carved pumpkin. Gonna try something again this year too. I'm gonna have to get a bigger smoker if I want to make a 6 ft. fattie.
Well I'm close.... I guess I qualify as a 5' 8" fatty, thanks to this site.... lol!
laugh1.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky