October 11th MSG get together

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We just got back home tonight from trip out west.  Will have to let you know in a few days what we may bring, or even if we can make it for sure.

Right now, we are planning to attend. 

This weekend is a busy one for us,  Not even time to pull pics of camera to computer.  Too much to do and too little time. 

We also had two planned family get-to-gathers, rained out this summer.   So that may be a factor too, in case family decides to try it again.  LOL

Will let you know.  Sorry for the indecision on our part.

No need to apologize Frank! We all undertand what it means to be busy with family stuff. Just take care of business and do what you can. Thanks for the update.

This was a busy weekend for me.  Saturday I went to the chili cook off that Kingfishcams friend Scott held at his place for a battered women’s charity.  I got to judge the chili and ate 12 small bowls of very good chili.  Cam came in 3[sup]rd[/sup] place and his chili was very good.
77.gif
  I am sure next year even better.

They had a silent auction for one of Scotts pigs and I won a half pig. 
sausage.gif
(BBQ in the future.)   I think they raised about $1500.00 for the charity. 

Hillbillyrockstar came on his brand new Harley (Very nice) and judged too.  I had a great time there and look forward to next year.

Sunday Towerclimber came up to Lansing and we cut down an apple tree for him.  He brought his wife with him and the three of us cut down, cut up and cleaned up the tree.  After we started I noticed a vine that was poison ivy growing all through the tree so I hope tower and his wife are not itching today.

I am looking forward to the meet at Rockstars house on the 18[sup]th[/sup] and have a few pounds of cheese and nuts to smoke.  I am still planning to bring a crock-pot full of smoked baked beans to share. I will also bring some smoked cheese and crackers to munch on.  Plus a bag of salmon Cam gave me to smoke too.

Stan

Yeah the chili cook off was a great time. Good people. Glad to be a judge. Maybe I'll enter it next year.

Can't wait for the 18th! Should be a good time!

So far so good on the itching stan. My wife's eyelid is swollen a little bit but we're thinking it's from a woodship...
It was defiantly good meeting you and we had a good time chopping that tree down...we look forward to meeting the rest of the group.

We got the wood stacked up at the house, not a bad pile for a few hours of work

I need to know how many people want cherry wood from my place so I know how much to bring with. Also rough idea on length and diameter...I will bring my chainsaw just in case...please let me know ASAP so I can set aside...thx

What ya charging for a few sticks about 12" long and maybe 3" thick tower?

It is my birthday on the 10th. If there is any left I will bring some cake.

Hey Towerclimber - as you are such a good guy do you fancy paying my air fair over - LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky