Now the ECB has to do Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
IMG_20171029_144656.jpg

Johnny, here's an easy and tasty cheater cornbread recipe :
1 box Jiffy mix
2 eggs
1/4 C vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C sour cream
A capfull of vanilla
3 tbsp turbinado or white sugar
350* for 20-30 mins till toothpick comes out clean
For best results bake in preheated 8" CI pan

Try it,Yankee ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rings Я Us
I can do the fresh bread line too just not the Irish soda bread though.. Yup next day good and I see you added the sour cream this time around.

Warren

Johnny, here's an easy and tasty cheater cornbread recipe :
1 box Jiffy mix
2 eggs
1/4 C vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C sour cream
A capfull of vanilla
3 tbsp turbinado or white sugar
350* for 20-30 mins till toothpick comes out clean
For best results bake in preheated 8" CI pan

Try it,Yankee ;)
I would try that yeah.. thanks!
I bought a container of cornmeal though. I made one pan like 4 months ago. I live alone so it's kinda hard 2 eat cornbread up before it gets old.
I froze half the pan and it's still there. lol Another thing is that it fills me up fast and I would rather have 2 bowls of chili than loading up on the cornbread.
So.. if I make it I would need to give half away or somehow make half as much.
I was going to make stuffing with it.

Wow, what a great thread, presentation, pictures, etc... Mucho Points for you sir !!

BUT....here in Texas we don't do the beans ;)

Yeah I was just saying that yesterday.. Different Regions do it no beans and some don't hardly use tomatoes .. People use the cubed beef also. Thanks sir. :D

For sure different regions cook different. That's how we come with some great combinations. Here in Md even different areas cook different on the shore mostly seafood and farm fresh veggies western shore Balt. out of the can or frozen if we don't ship it to them. :D

Warren

I say if you can get the electric up to a temp that will simmer the chili for 3 or 4 hours..... that would be less work cooking on.. It needs to be 250 or 275 to heat all that chili to bubble ..

Fantastic bowls of chile Rings! Great photography too!

I have some ground beef thawed out in the fridge I was wondering what I was going to do with..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky