North West Arkansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
So what members live in NWA? Bryce (my son) thinks we need to move that way. I’d like a small town area but close to an area with a decent hospital for me to work at (I’m a nurse). Good schools and a decent football program. So hit me with areas!

Jim

Reactions: SmokinEdge
That sure looks like a beautiful area on google earth. Trees, water ,smaller towns, golf courses and none of the big city or coastal bs. Hope you get some good advice.

Reactions: JLeonard
I don’t live in nw AR but close by south of branson MO. I am about 15 min drive to border in car or 5 min by boat. It is beautiful country. Fayetteville has a hospital. Walmart has HQ just north of there in bentonville. Lots of big lakes in the area. It is country living. I have only lived here a year and half but love it. Branson has a hospital and could live in ine of small towns around lile hollister or blue eye. I almost took a job in nw AR abiut 15 years ago but decided to stay in denver a while longer. Fayetville is abt hour and half from me. There are lots of small towns close by. Could live on beaver lake.

So what members live in NWA? Bryce (my son) thinks we need to move that way. I’d like a small town area but close to an area with a decent hospital for me to work at (I’m a nurse). Good schools and a decent football program. So hit me with areas!

Jim
Google: Mountain Home, Arkansas. North Central part of the state. Health Care seems to be the #1 employer.

Jim

Good morning Jim!

We're in NE Oklahoma - pretty close to NWA. When we shop, eat out, etc, we drive over to that area as much as we go the other direction to Tulsa. We like the area very much.

Fayetteville, Springdale, and Bentonville/Rogers are the central hub communities, and are rapidly growing. Once upon a time, these were sleepy little rural communities, but Sam Walton changed all that. Mostly because of Wal Mart and other large companies being headquartered there, NWA has become a pretty affluent area. A buddy who lives over there once told me that the highest percentage of millionaires, per-capita, in the nation live in the 2 counties that most locals generally call NWA - Benton and Washington Counties. Fayetteville is a pretty typical college town - the home of the University of Arkansas.

There is no shortage of hospitals. In the Bentonville/Springdale/Fayetteville area, I think there may be as many as 10 hospitals, including a children's hospital and a women's hospital. There's also a hospital in nearby Siloam Springs.

I have another buddy who used to coach football at Rogers High School. They apparently have a great school and the FB program is strong. But because of all the money over there, I expect all the schools in the area will be very good.

My personal impressions are, it's a beautiful area, still has a small town feel, and has every amenity a person could want. And Beaver Lake, just east of Bentonville/Rogers, is one of the prettiest lakes I've seen. One drawback of the rapid growth over there is that they are beginning to have some issues with traffic and crowding in business districts. But probably a minor issue for someone who drives in Memphis all the time lol. And I think it would be pretty easy to live in one of the outlying communities, such as Siloam Springs or Gentry, and commute to any of the area hospitals.

Plus, we'd practically be neighbors! :emoji_wink: :emoji_slight_smile:

Red

The Boston Mountains are absolutely gorgeous. Neosho MO probably has about everything you'd need if you wanted to avoid PartyTown AR (FVille) - and Joplin is maybe 30 miles up 71. There was no I49 when I lived there lol

I partied a lot in Fayetteville many decades ago. Drove all the way from Mena to do it.

Reactions: JLeonard
April 19th doing a quick one day trip up there to check out the high school where we are looking and kinda get a feel for the area. Got a e-mail out to recruitment team at one of the hospitals. Just to get a feel of the pay range in the area. We'll see how it goes see what happens.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky