Noob from Lewisville, TX

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

andyb

Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
Lewisville, TX
Hi all.

I am a complete newbie, I have eaten plenty of good BBQ!

Currently use a Weber Silver but am aching to smoke. Have been poking around some websites, stores and craigslist. I am not averse to buying a used smoker but aren't sure what I want / need yet.

Currently leaning to a propane for ease, but haven't ruled out something like the Charbroil/Braunfels Silver Pro.

The main challenge will be convincing the better half how much it's needed and how much it will enhance our lives....

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. Let her look at some of the Qview around here and she can see what she's missing that should convince her.
biggrin.gif
Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome to SMF, andy. I can vouch for how good smoked food is.
biggrin.gif
Take a look around and check out all the great info that's available here. It's a great place.

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard.

Hi and welcome to SMF... Let your wife join you while your on SMF. Maybe she'll be the one to sugest getting a smoker.
wink.gif

Welcome aboard. My wife was skeptical about me buying a smoker. Now she thinks this is the best hobby I have ever had because she gets to reap the rewards too.

Welcome to the SMF family, lots of good info floating around here.

Just don't be afraid to ask questions, lots of folks are willing to help.

Welcome, Andy. You'll get lots of great advice here on smokers. Best forum for smoking on the net. Good luck with getting the wife on board. My missus still rolls her eyes
icon_rolleyes.gif
at me every time I start talkin about buying something new. She just doesn't get it: I NEED MORE STUFF TO SMOKE WITH!!
biggrin.gif

Welcome.I just snagged a charbroil offset next to garbage cans last week.Just needed light sandblast and some paint.

hey welcome to SMF, and when it comes down to convincing the better half I have always found it is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Welcome to SMF . Wait until you snoop around here for awhile. Your wife will be amazed at some of the QViews and just what everyone is smoking.. Everyone here is knowledgeable and willing to help with any kind of question or problem
icon_exclaim.gif

I don't think it would be hard to convince her with the price of most bbq dinners I've seen. You can produce just as good if not better yourself and not cost as much. Welcome to the SMF family!!!

That's a lot of replies!

I stopped by Home Depot, just to have a quick look, and found a Brinkmann or something that looked like it was made from hammered flat dry cleaning clothes hangers.

The metal was so thin that when I open the door, the side panel distorted.

Any brands just to stay the devil away from?

BTW, I am not a native Texan, or even American for that matter. You have one of those pesky brits amongst you.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky