Nice Upgrade to the site Wednesday Afternoon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looking forward to the upgrades!  It'll be great not having to resize pictures, thanks to all involved!  
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks Jeff,

When that "Threads started by X user" happens, can someone post where it is. I'm assuming it'll be in our profiles where it used to be, but I checked there. It just might not be there yet.

Thanks,

Bear

Not sure how it's gonna work here, but on other forums it will say "Thread Starter" underneath the username on each post they make in the thread.

Thanks Jeff,

When that "Threads started by X user" happens, can someone post where it is. I'm assuming it'll be in our profiles where it used to be, but I checked there. It just might not be there yet.

Thanks,

Bear

[color= rgb(24,24,24)]Thanks Jeff,[/color]

Thanks,

Bear
Thats where you'll find it

Another cool thing you'll now find is that in a thread next to a poster's name there is a blue arrow if you click on that it will show some options such as going to their profile, send them a PM, view posts, subscribe to that user, ignore that user

Last edited:
Reactions: abigail4476
In most vBulletin forums, you find threads created in the user stats on that user's profile page.   This is similar, because you'll find the threads created by a user on their profile page. 

That said, there are plugins for vBulletin that can give some or all users special little functions, and I'm assuming that's what you're referring to.  :) 

Not sure how it's gonna work here, but on other forums it will say "Thread Starter" underneath the username on each post they make in the thread.

Thanks Piney, Jeff, and all others involved in getting the "Posts started by" page!

I knew you'd come through!!! 
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Piney,

Did you have to tell everybody where the "ignore" button is?
icon_rolleyes.gif

Now I'll be talking to myself !!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

Bear

I download straight to a folder in my puter and upload from there

I never used Photobucket---Never work right for me.

I used "TinyURL", until this platform changed. Since that I just use the "insert image" in this box.

Bear
Pardon a newbie question. I have yet to post a pic, and look forward to it. Some other forums in which I participate only allow pics to be posted as a link to another site where the pic is actually stored. That may save storage costs, but can cause a problem if at some later date the pic is no longer there for some reason. Am I correct to interpret what I'm reading here that this used to be, but is no longer, the case here at SMF? It sounds like we can post a pic just by uploading it. If so, that's a great feature.

I'd like to reiterate that as a newbie, both to the site and the world of smoking, I've found so much of value here that it's hard to find a reason to post! And if the site is keeping pics so that old posts retain their value, all the better. Great site and great participants!

OK, I see how it's working now here.  I like it but I still want to know *when* the thread was started not just when the last post was made.  Also, yeah, I'm sure that it's some little plugin that I'm talking about.  Below is an example:

e87a0097_snapshot8.jpg

Every time OP posts in a thread that he/she created it will say "Thread Starter" in the ID field.  This is useful when many people respond and the thread gets crazy-long so you can remember who asked the question or whatever in the first place.

In most vBulletin forums, you find threads created in the user stats on that user's profile page.   This is similar, because you'll find the threads created by a user on their profile page. 

That said, there are plugins for vBulletin that can give some or all users special little functions, and I'm assuming that's what you're referring to.  :) 

You are correct, sir (or madam)!  Plus, the new feature is that they will be automatically resized so people won't have to wait all day for the page to load when idiots like me upload 10MP photos. 
cool.gif

...Am I correct to interpret what I'm reading here that this used to be, but is no longer, the case here at SMF? It sounds like we can post a pic just by uploading it. If so, that's a great feature....

Ohhhhhh, I see what you're saying--I wasn't clear.  You're saying that throughout a thread, you can see on individual posts who started THAT thread.  That is cool!  I haven't seen that before, but it's a very cool feature.  
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

OK, I see how it's working now here.  I like it but I still want to know *when* the thread was started not just when the last post was made.  Also, yeah, I'm sure that it's some little plugin that I'm talking about.  Below is an example:

e87a0097_snapshot8.jpg

Every time OP posts in a thread that he/she created it will say "Thread Starter" in the ID field.  This is useful when many people respond and the thread gets crazy-long so you can remember who asked the question or whatever in the first place.

It sounds like we can post a pic just by uploading it. If so, that's a great feature.
Yepper, just upload it right from your hard drive or SD card, especially now with the auto resizing feature!  Can't get any easier than that to post up some Qview!  
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Great job Jeff and crew!

Now how about chat ?

On the site or lnked to the site please.

We should have a link at the top navigation bar within a few days that link to the chat that we have now. I have some pretty trustworthy intel that the engineers are working on an integrated chat option for us. I for one am very interested to see what they come up with.

Great job Jeff and crew!

Now how about chat ?

On the site or lnked to the site please.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky