Newbie trying a pork shoulder......looking for tips befor I start.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looking good, You've got some great color going on 
banana_smiley.gif

Hour 6...pretty sure im at the plateau/stall been stuck @ 150 for a bit now. All good tho. Dammit im getting hungry!!!!!

e573bc33_Wichita-20110821-00092.jpg

Thanks Raptor700! I spent about 18 months herbie, lived in Navarre. Been to your Hooters in Crestview a few times.

Hour 8 - OK, I might be freaking out a bit now.....have been stalled for about an hour and half!! it got to 155, then nothing. Dropped to 140 and has been there for quit awhile. Double checked the therm with anothe digital, said the same. Have been reading about stalls and I guess they can last as long a 2 hrs or more. Just dont want to haul a huge chunk of coal out of there. Smoker temps have been good...maintaining 230-260 range.

Trying to relax....mayby I ll fire up another cool Daddy drink and watch some more preseason FB!!!!

Close the darn door and have a cold one! 
biggrin.gif
 Remember if your a lookin ya ain't cooking. I'd love to have a smoker like that for the collection. 
icon14.gif

Done.....thank you for all the help!! Came out pretty good I think. I have a house full of full bellies and heavy eyes!!! Also heard a few oh daddy, this is soooo good! Used the finishing Sauce from the pork sticky and my wife made the dipping sauce from her grannys cook book.

9de18e92_Wichita-20110821-00094.jpg

9cb9cb1e_Wichita-20110821-00096.jpg

1a588758_Wichita-20110821-00100.jpg

Again, Thank you for the help. I have some heavy eyes myself......

GREAT JOB!!!...Amazing what you can learn to do here!  I guess we will be seeing more of you now, Congrats!...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky