New Twist To An Old Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well either nobody got what I'm up too or nobody cared, either way, here's a video of where I'm at.

I'm a little slow.....  but..... I think that is a burner/pan lifting/lowering jack to put wood in the smoking pan.....   Holy C#$p..... that's cool....

Now for the biggie..... do you lay awake at night designing that stuff like I do at times ???    amazing what you can come up with when you are supposed to be asleep...    Dave

Dave, I do drive myself nuts sometimes. I don't know how to build something simple. Every time I turn around I think to myself, there's got to be a better way. And that normally leads to being sidetracked. But once it's in my head I have to build it, sometimes it doesn't work. In this case, I'm ecstatic about how this is working. You nailed it though. Going to have a lever on the outside of the fb to adjust the grate/pan. Will have notches at different levels so I know where it's at. This way if I adjust the temp I can adjust the pan level to maintain tbs. What do you think?

Reactions: buggman
Well got a little more done here and there this week. Really hoping to buckle down and get a lot done this weekend. Still got a ways to go but little by little I'm getting there.

Yes, this is the door of the cc. Have something a little different planned for doors.

Got to cut plates to fill in above the masking tape.

All sealed up.

Reducing the size of the fb door, hopefully to retain more heat when open.

Definitely! Btw, should I of started a new thread seeing how this one is named thermostat mod and I have moved way beyond the thermostat? Or is there a way to rename a thread?

Definitely! Btw, should I of started a new thread seeing how this one is named thermostat mod and I have moved way beyond the thermostat? Or is there a way to rename a thread?
At the top of the thread is a pencil.... click on it and edit the title.... You can add to the title also....   Dave

At the top of the thread is a pencil.... click on it and edit the title.... You can add to the title also....   Dave
Ahhhh, I see. So what do you think is an appropriate thread title for this build? I was thinking new braunfels mods.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky