New to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

illinifever

Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
I recently bought a 30" master built electric smoker and have only smoked 2 times thus far. I can say that I will never grill meat again lol. I'm 39 years old father of 4, married for 13 years. I live in central Illinois. I have used Hickory to smoke the 2 times I ha e and I love it. My wife bought a bag of Jack Danials oak barrel chips I'm kinda scared to use lol. Looking forward to seeing all the different things people do to smoke and the recipes.

Illinifever, welcome to SMF!  Glad you are here with the new MES and enjoying its use.  Don't sweat the Jack Daniels oak barrel chips.  Oak is a little milder than hickory and you won't taste the JD, unless you happen to have a bottle sitting around!

Have fun!

Ray

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky